Fragment of us -(Larry Stylinson)

It was supposed to be the year they made their triumphant return. One Direction, the beloved boy band that had captured the hearts of millions, was set to end their hiatus and reunite for a new album and tour. But behind the scenes, tensions were brewing, particularly between Louis and Harry.

The reasons for their breakup were varied, complicated, and deeply personal. It started with small disagreements, the kind that festered beneath the surface until they erupted into full-blown arguments. Miscommunications turned into mistrust, and before they knew it, their once unbreakable bond began to fracture and turn into fragments, ones they themselves could not even recognizing.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

As the band's return date loomed closer, Harry found himself spiraling. He turned to alcohol as a means of numbing the pain, of escaping the reality of a life without Louis by his side. But the substances only provided temporary relief, leaving him emptier than before.

When the day finally arrived for One Direction to emerge from their hiatus, Harry's facade of indifference crumbled under the weight of his unresolved emotions. He couldn't bring himself to face Louis, not when the wounds were still so fresh, so raw.

Louis, too, was struggling to come to terms with the end of their relationship. He buried himself in work, throwing himself into rehearsals and interviews, anything to distract himself from the ache in his heart. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't escape the memories of what once was.

The tension between Harry and Louis was palpable, a heavy silence hanging in the air whenever they were in the same room. The other boys, Liam, Niall, and Zayn, watched with growing concern, knowing that something had to give if they were going to salvage their friendship, their brotherhood.

As the band gathered for their first meeting with management since their return from hiatus, the atmosphere was tense. Harry's nerves were frayed, his hands trembling as he clutched a flask of alcohol hidden within the folds of his jacket. He knew it was a risk, bringing it with him, but he couldn't face the prospect of confronting Louis without something to steady his nerves.

As the meeting progressed, Harry's anxiety mounted, each passing minute feeling like an eternity. When the tension finally reached its breaking point, he couldn't resist the temptation any longer. With shaking hands, he unscrewed the cap of the flask and took a long, desperate swig, the burning sensation of alcohol providing a brief respite from the turmoil swirling inside him.

But his moment of reprieve was short-lived. Before he could react, the sharp voice of their manager cut through the air, eyes narrowed in disapproval as he caught sight of Harry's actions.

"What do you think you're doing?" he snapped, his tone laced with thinly veiled anger.

Harry froze, his heart pounding in his chest as he felt the weight of everyone's gaze on him. He glanced frantically at Louis, hoping for some kind of support, but all he found was a look of disdain etched across his ex-boyfriend's face.

"Looks like someone can't handle the pressure," Louis quipped, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Harry's jaw clenched, his temper flaring as he shot back, "At least I'm not the one who walked away when things got tough."

The room erupted into chaos as their argument escalated, voices raised in anger and frustration. Niall was the first to step in, his voice a calming presence amidst the storm of emotions threatening to consume them.

"Come on, lads, let's cool off," he urged, his tone gentle yet firm.

But Harry was beyond reason, his vision blurred by tears of frustration and hurt. With a choked sob, he bolted from the room, desperate to escape the suffocating weight of his emotions.

Louis watched him go, his heart aching with regret as he realized the pain he had caused. But it was too late for apologies now. All he could do was hope that somehow, someway, they would find their way back to each other once more.

///////////////

As the band gathered for their next meeting with management, Harry's hands trembled with a different kind of nervous energy. This time, he didn't bother hiding his flask, the burn of alcohol providing a false sense of courage as he faced the inevitable confrontation.

But as the meeting progressed, Harry's bravado dissolved into a haze of drunken confusion. Every word spoken felt like an accusation, every glance a judgment. And when their manager dared to question his commitment, his dedication, something inside Harry snapped.

"You think you know what's best for us?" he slurred, his words slurred and erratic. "You don't know anything about what we've been through, about what I've been through."

His accusations turned venomous, his gaze fixated on Louis, who watched in silent horror as the scene unfolded before him.

"You," Harry spat, pointing an accusatory finger in Louis' direction. "You're the reason for all of this. You walked away, left me to pick up the pieces."

Louis felt the weight of Harry's words like a physical blow, the guilt and regret threatening to suffocate him. But before he could respond, their manager intervened, his patience worn thin by Harry's outburst.

"That's enough," he barked, his voice cold and authoritative. "You need to get yourself together, or there will be consequences."

But Harry was beyond reason, his anger fueled by a potent mix of alcohol and pent-up resentment. With a reckless disregard for consequence, he launched into a tirade of insults and accusations, each word more cutting than the last.

When their manager issued a stern warning, threatening to kick Harry out of One Direction if he didn't get his act together, the gravity of the situation hit him like a ton of bricks even through is drunken state of mind. He knew he couldn't afford to mess up again, not if he wanted to salvage what was left of his career, of his life.

But despite his best intentions, Harry found himself slipping further into a downward spiral, his demons closing in on him with each passing day. 

It was in the midst of this turmoil that the other boys, led by Liam's unwavering determination, decided to pay Harry a visit. They knew they couldn't stand by and watch him self-destruct, not when their bond ran deeper than fame or fortune.

As they approached Harry's house, a sense of unease settled over them, the dilapidated state of the building a stark contrast to the lavish lifestyles they were accustomed to. But nothing could have prepared them for what they found inside.

Beer bottles littered the floor, cigarette butts scattered haphazardly across the furniture. The air was thick with the stench of neglect, a tangible reminder of the darkness that had consumed their friend.

"What the hell happened here?" Niall exclaimed, his voice filled with disbelief.

But before anyone could answer, Harry appeared, his eyes bloodshot and hollow, a shadow of the vibrant young man they once knew.

"What are you doing here?" he snapped, his voice tinged with bitterness.

"We're here because we care about you," Liam replied, his tone gentle yet firm. "We can't just stand by and watch you destroy yourself."

Harry's defenses crumbled, his anger giving way to a flood of raw emotion. "You think you can just waltz in here and pretend like everything's okay?" he shouted, his voice cracking with emotion. "You don't know what it's like to lose everything you ever cared about."

Louis felt a pang of guilt pierce his heart as he watched Harry's pain unfold before him. He knew he was partly to blame for the mess they found themselves in, for the shattered pieces of their broken relationship.

"I'm worried about you, Harry," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "I miss you."

For a moment, silence hung heavy in the air, the weight of their shared sorrow threatening to crush them under its weight. But then, slowly, hesitantly, Harry's walls began to crumble, his icy exterior melting away to reveal the vulnerable heart that lay beneath.

"I miss you too," he confessed, his voice barely a whisper.

And in that moment, as they stood surrounded by the wreckage of their past, Harry and Louis found solace in each other's arms, a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos of their broken dreams.