CHAPTER 23

UMINATHI

I didn't know how to feel right now or even react to all that was happening around me. I recently lost my child with Amandla and the other child I was also looking forward to, also turns out to be a false alarm. I don't know if this was punishment for what I did to Amandla and Jessie or if it was just pure bad luck.

I was currently on my way to my parent's house to fetch my kids. When I get there, I find Mom in the kitchen as usual, and Simi quietly watching TV.

Me: "Sanibonani." I greet.

Mom: "Hey my boy. How are you?"

Me: "I'm okay. I'm just here to fetch these two. Where is Milani anyway?"

Mom: "With your father outside." I nod then take a seat next to Simi.

Me: "How are you?" I ask her, she smiles a little.

Simi: "I'm okay babah." I nod and just watch whatever she's watching.

Simi: "Babah, you should go check on your daughter. She has been crying for you since yesterday." I nod and go outside. I find Pops and Milani doing the garden.

Me: "Sanibonani."

Milani: "Daddy!!!" she runs to me, I laugh and pick her up.

Pops: "How are you doing son?" I smile.

Me: "I'm okay."

________

When I get to my house, I find Sphe talking on the phone. I put Milani's bag on the couch while she disappeared to the kitchen.

Sphe: "Look, I will call you back." he hangs up and flops on the couch.

Me: "What is it?"

Sphe: "Itu is pregnant."

Me: "Itu?"

Sphe: "Yeah, my side dish. Itumeleng."

Me: "Well damn!"

Sphe: "But I don't wanna talk about it. How are you coping?"

Me: "It's hard honestly because I really don't know what to do or where to even begin righting my wrongs."

Sphe: "Have you spoken to any of them?"

Me: "They both hate me to death and I don't blame them at all because what I did was just plain cruel and selfish, I see it all now."

Sphe: "Ntwana."

Me: "The funny thing about all this is that I'm following exactly in the footsteps of the man I hate with my life."

Sphe: "Don't say that, you do not like him."

Me: "No seriously. I also played two women and I lost a child because of my selfishness so how different am I from Langa?"

Sphe: "..."

Me: "I am ashamed of myself for even judging the man only to act exactly like him when I grow older."

Sphe: "Can we stop all the talks about Langa!"

Me: *exhales loudly*

Sphe: "So when you pay damages and introduce your kids, you will have to do it kwaMazibuko?" I shrug.

Me: "I don't know, I will ask Baba Lethu."

Sphe: "Okay."