CHAPTER 46

AMANDLA ZULU

Zulu left the same day because he had to help his wife prepare for their daughter's funeral. He has been sending endless texts and emails but I'm ignoring them. Honestly, the time I wanted to build a relationship with him, he wasn't too interested instead he used me for his daughter's and his own benefits by milking me money. I didn't mind then because I was too desperate for his love but when I moved to Durban, that was the time I decided to take a step in healing myself and stop hoping for a father-daughter relationship. My brothers were the to help me through that healing journey and I had told myself that I don't want any relationship with him since he took me for granted the first time.

I honestly happy with where I am. I have my brothers and mamzo, I have my man and my kids including Nathi's girls and Simz too so I really don't need him. Bhuti played the father role in mine and Lindo's lives for a very long time anyway, I was just too curious and unappreciative when I went looking for Zulu. I have forgiven him alright but I just don't want him in my life.

Lindo: "Bhuti is calling you downstairs." he says walking in my room and lays on my bed next to the twins.

Me: "please watch them ke. It's time for their nap."

Lindo: "Relax, just go." I walk downstairs to the living room and bhuti is with Zulu and two older women. I greet then turn to my big brother.

Me: "Bhuti, you called for me?"

Lindo: "Yes, come sit next to me. These people have something apparently want to talk to us."

Me: "Oh?"

Lindo: "Y'all can talk now."

Zulu: "These are my sisters."

Lindo: "What are they doing here?! kwawena ufunani la?!"

Zulu: "I was hoping we could all talk."

Lindo: "No, you were hoping that your sisters try begging us for you right?!" he looks down fiddling with his hands.

Zulu: "Falakhe."

Lindo: "Don't you dare! Where were your sisters when you threw us out of our home with an infant right after mama died?! Where were they when you killed our mother after accusing her of cheating while you were the one cheating with a white woman?! Where were they when I had to run around the streets selling drugs just so I can put food on the table for these two kids?! Where were they when I had to go around sleeping with old women just to get money to provide for the two kids that became my responsibility?! huh?! I don't want sh*t to do with you mina Mvikeni. I hate you so much and namanje ngisasho, you were supposed to die not umama." the women gasp and i'm in tears. I really never knew that my brother went through so much to provide for us.

Woman1: "Mfana. He is still your father."

Mamzo: "Nabantu besifazane abanonya! Y'all watched your brothers kids struggle yet y'all had many empty rondavels in your yards! Today y'all are here for what?! Forgiveness? or is it money?!"

Woman2: "You insulting us now Philile."

Me: "Zulu, asikudingi. We don't need you anymore, we've grown and are very much happy in our lives so please stay away from us."

Zulu: "Ngiyezwa. Again, I'm very sorry for all my mistakes." he walks out followed by his sisters. I just quietly wrap my arms around bhuti.

Bhuti: "Please cook some nice food MaZondo." I chuckle.

Me: "Okay but first tell me, what's happening between you and Simz?"

Bhuti: "Oh god! We are in love with each other, that's all y'all should know; everything else doesn't concern you."

Me: "You don't have to be so mean about it hawu!" he chuckles.

Bhuti: "No I had to because I know what would've been your next question." We both laugh.

Me: "Thank you so much bhuti. Thank you for taking care of us all the time, without you, I don't even know what would've become of us. Siyabonga kakhulu Mageba. Ww appreciate you." he just smiles and hugs me.

__________

We were currently having dinner with Simz, Lele, Gugu and my man. The girls and Lindo were upstairs looking after the twins so basically we were having some type of couples dinner.

Gugu: "Lele and I are finally getting married!" she said excitedly, I squealed throwing my arms around her, hugging her tightly.

Me: "I am so happy for you. Congratulations babe."

Simz: "Yes, congratulations skwi."

Gugu: "Amandla, would you please be my maid of honour?"

Me: "I would love to babe. I'm so flattered, thank you."

Simz: "Wena Umza?! Wakhamisa, ulindeni?!" Everybody laughs.

Umi: "My babe and I are fine as we are."

Simz: "What?! Amandla?!"

Me: "We are lovers, life partners. We both old enough and know what we want so a piece of paper won't make a difference."

Gugu: "Girl! Every girl wants a diamond on their finger."

Me: "Me and baby prefer tattoos."

Simz: "Amen! Baby, uyathula u-Umza efuna ukukipitisa your small sister?!" Simz uyabhora yoh!

Bhuti: "If that's what she also wants then who am I to dispute it?!"

Lele: "Hhayi." he claps his hands in disbelief making me laugh.

Nathi: "I love you."

Me: "I love you more baby."

_________________

The End!!!