8

Authors note:

Here's the next chapter! Again I just want to thank everyone who's been reading and voting.

This chapter was definitely one of my favorites do write and expands on the Harry Potter universe.

What are your thoughts on the story so far??

Enjoy guys!

Chapter 8

"Emry, wake up" a voice taunted. My eyes snapped open. I was standing in a white room. I looked around. No end or beginning in sight. The air felt still.

Where was I?

"Hello?" I called out. My voice didn't even echo.

"Emry, the forgotten child" a deep voice said behind me. I turned to see a man in a tan linen tunic.

"Who are you? Why did you call me the forgotten child?" I questioned him. Something about him seemed familiar and safe. I didn't feel any danger.

"I am your past, present, and future, child." he responded cryptically.

"That's really great Mr. past, present, and future. Now what did your mom name you?" I replied frustrated. I got straight to the point because I'm not in the mood for riddles.

He smiled coyly, "I'm am Osiris. Simple as that".

Osiris. He had to be related me somehow as there's not a lot of Osiris'. I racked my brain for who it could be, mentally cursing my parents for not sure more about our lineage.

Then it hit me.

My eyes widened, "as in the original 12?". Suddenly everything that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were telling me was coming back to me.

He was the first of my name.

"Is that what's they're calling us now?" I nodded in response.

"We did fancy ourselves as the Makers of Light at one point, but I guess over time that seemed to have faded. The 'Original 12' still has the same ring to it I guess" he said jokingly.

"Why are you here? Why am I...here?" I questioned him, gesturing to the space we were in. I was unsure why I was in this white room with him and how I even got here. Was I dreaming?

"I am here to show you your destiny, your true purpose. Emry you need to understand that others may try to tell you what you are supposed to do, but it's only to manipulate you for your power". I immediately thought of dumbledore. His quest for power was worrisome.

"Why am I to trust you then? How do I know you're not another figure trying to tell me what it is I'm supposed to do"

"Trust me Emry when I say, I only want what is best for you and the world we live in. I have no power to gain from helping you"

"So tell me Osiris, what is my true purpose in this life then? Why has dumbledore become obsessed with using me to gain power in the wizzarding world".

"Well, for you to truly understand, you need to know our origins. The true intent of the The Makers of Light"  I looked at him confused but then nodded. Osiris waved his hand across the white plain and we were suddenly outside.

"Where are we?" I asked. I stepped around, feeling dirt and rocks beneath my feet. The sun was shining over us. I used my arm to try to block some of the light.

"We are in ancient Mesopotamia, the cradle of civilization and the birthplace of magic". I widened my eyes. This was something I've never heard of in my history of magic class.