4

Authors note:

We made it to chapter 4!

Things are starting to heat up. The drama is beginning. The story is unfolding!

Enjoy guys!

Chapter 4

I found myself back in the dungeons. I was laying on my bed in the dorm. The door opened and closed. I didn't bother moving to see who it was.

"Hey you're back early, ditching afternoon classes?" Pansy asked.

I sat up in my bed, "I'll probably ditch a few to be honest".

"My Merlin, Emry, you look like shit"

"Thanks-"

"Like the hogwarts express plowed through you"

"Pansy you really-"

"Listen, i know what will cheer you up from whatever this funk is. Draco Malfoy is having a lowkey get together for some of the pure blood slytherins. Come with me as my plus one, ill introduce you to Draco" she winked.

Draco Malfoy. Lucius' son. I've seen him only in passing. We have one class together, defense against the dark arts, but I know he hasn't noticed me. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

I check the time on my watch and groaned. My next class is none other than defense against the dark arts. Maybe I should take pansy's advice and just skip the rest of the classes today. They're all review to me since none of the classes are at the point where I was before I was locked in the chamber secrets 15 years ago.

But I'm also not one to miss class either.

But also my next class is with Severus and I would prefer to not see him right now.

But if I don't go I might face a his wrath.

I made the executive decision to just go. I don't want what Severus says to me to go to my head.

He's heard my thoughts and knows how I feel. Yet he still treats me like I'm dirt under his boot.

I rolled out of bed, grabbed my wand and books, and headed to class.

On my way there I bumped into Hermione.

"Oh my Merlin, Emry! Are you okay? We were all worried that we maybe pushed you too far with all those questions" she gushed.

"You guys are fine, seriously. It's just all still a fresh wound right now. Thinking to much of those things make me more upset . It made me think about what I could've had and what I had missed". Hermione nodded. she grabbed my arm softly, not as rough as Severus had.

"Hey, if you ever need someone to talk too. I'm a great listener" Hermione said. I smiled softly. We both hugged. I pulled away.

"Thank you Hermione. I just have so much on my plate right now, I'm glad I have a friend to talk too" I said giving her a soft smile.

"Of course Emry, and ya know, Harry has taken a liking to you" she winked.

"Oh...that's sweet of him. To be honest I think it might be a little weird if I pursued anything since I did know his parents. I was friends with his mom. Plus, as of last a couple of weeks ago, I was engaged" I explain.

"You were engaged? To who ?" She questioned with excitement.

I said the same thing I said to Harry, "that's a story for another time".

We hugged and both went out separate ways for our classes.

I had made it to my class with Severus. I made no eye contact with him, ducking my way into class and sitting in the very back.