I

4 years later...

" Marie! Wake up, I have something for you. " I slowly open my eyes as I hear another several knocks coming from the door. I know this voice, it's Jace. My bestfriend here in this hell. She's the only one who's not disgusted by my looks. She is also one of our maids. I told her to be as casual as possible in front of me because I'm not a daughter of a nobleman anymore.

I lazily stood up from my bed to open the door before anyone wakes up. This usually happens if there's a party later and when the 'cats' are busy the 'mice' will go out and play!

" Good morning, Jaccey " I failed hiding my excitement even though I'm still sleepy. " What time is it? " I ask at her while yawning.

" Good morning too, Marie and it's.. " She pauses while getting the pocket watch from the pocket of her bluish maid dress. "..already 4:38 in the morning. "

" Oh it's later than usual Jaccey " You heard me right. She usually comes here at exactly 3:50 in the morning. She casually went in my room and put the things we will need later. " Phew. That was so heavy! " She said smiling from ear to ear. I pull my not-so-comfortable chair and let her sit. That's my only chair here in my room. Well, my room composes of; One small bed, a cabinet, a table and a chair. There's also a bathroom. " So, why is there a party later? " I ask excitedly. Whenever there's a party that's the only time where I can go outside of my room.

" Oh yeah! There's going to be a masquerade ball later. All of the famous nobleman are going to attend! And y'know the Phantomhives' are going too! " She grinned with dreamy eyes but this is a good new, it's a masquerade!

" Thank God it's masquerade! I can freely roam around. But who's that 'Phantomhive'?" Her jaw dropped and looked at me if I was kidding but I am not. "Are you for real Marie?! They are not that much different from noblemen but their looks are mesmerizing! " I rolled my eyes at her. "Here we are again with the looks." I mumble beneath my breath

"Enough with the looks. Can you show me the dress that I will wear later?" The excitement inside of me keeps on growing every second.

"Of course!" She happily shows the dress to me. It was a peach colored dress with white frills on the shoulder and chest part. There are also ribbons that hangs the frills on the lower part of the dress.
She also brought jewelries that will match my dress.

She got the dress and the jewelries from a friend of hers. Well, that's what she said. I look at the mask that I will be wearing later and it's just fabulous as it is. It has a majority color of peach with streaks of white and black on it. It also has both black and white feather on each side. The size is just like your typical masquerade mask but this is more than enough.

The party will start at 6:00 in the evening. She will come back later to check for me. Jaccey just brought the dress right now because everyone will get suspicious when she brought it later than this.

"...And--" We were interrupted by the bell that means that all the maids and butlers need to start preparing for the party. Jace looked at her pocket watch. I caught a glimpse of the time, 5:00 am. "I'm sorry Marie but I gotta get going. Madame will scold me If I were to be late." I smiled at her then nod.

"It's alright. Now get going! Fetch me later, okay? I'm so excited!" I accompanied her to the door and wave at her for the last time. I sent her off smiling.

When she's already gone, I close the door careful not to make any loud noise. I walk myself to the bathroom and stop in front of a full body mirror. I remove the strands of black hair covering my faces and put it behind my ear.

I look at my face: Black waistline lenght hair, pale as ever skin, long eyelashes, pinkish yet a little pale lips, pointy nose and perfect shape brows. (Thanks to Jace for shaping it.) I avert my gaze to my silver eyes that resembles the color of the moon. I cover my eyes using the back of my hand as I slowly put it down, the color of my eyes changed. Two different colors. My right eye has the color of red and the left has a color of healthy light green.

" How long has it been since I last saw these colors of my eyes?" I will use these colors at the party. I'll just hide the red eye under my hair. I once again stared at my face. The red circles are gone. Whenever I change the color of my eyes, it always vanish. I wish I could have known this earlier. If I do, then I will still be able to stay at my mother's side.

I let out a sigh in front of the mirror that's reflecting my whole body; from my head down to my toes. "..It's useless. I shouldn't dwell in the past." I start undoing the buttons of my night dress as it slowly falls down to my feet. I jump into the bathtub as the excess hot water flows out of it. I let out a deep sigh. I close my eyes to keep myself relax. " I can't wait for the party later. I feel like something good and bad will happen. "
_____________
Okay, sweeties how was it? Any suggestions? Any reactions? Anything. You can comment it down. ⬇⬇ I hope you love it. :))