II

"Marie.." Jace continuously knocked at the door. "..Are you done yet? The party's gonna start any minute now." She lower down her voice careful not to catch anyone's attention. I put my mask for the finishing touch and stared at my body in front of the full body mirror. "I'm coming!" I smiled to my self and took a deep breath before I walk towards the door.

"..Wow. You look..." She paused for a while as her eyes looked from my the tip of my shoe to my head. "Stunning! And what's with the eyes? Your eyes were silver earlier." Uh-oh. I never thought an alibi about this. "A-Ahmn.. It's a.. It's a disease of mine that whenever I get too excited this will happen. Yes! That's it. It's a disease.. Ha.Ha.Ha." I really am a bad liar. I let out a deep breathe when she seems to believe what I said. I clutched my stomach as the guilt fill me. "Damn it." I cursed under my breathe.

"...Okay, Let's go?" She smiled. I nodded and she leads the way. The guilt that filled me is slowly fading. The ball room is starting to appear before my eyes. I gasped, keeping myself from smiling too much. I bit my lower lip to restrain myself but it's not enough. I still smiled from ear to ear.

Before we exited the room, I swiftly grabbed the mask that Jace gave me earlier along the dress and put it on carefully for my hair might get messy if I don't wear it as careful as I should be.

We slowly opened the door of my room, very careful because someone might heard us but that's unlikely for they must be busy serving the guests of the party.

Well, nothing's wrong with being extra cautious. The venue of the party is a little bit far away from the west wing but who cares? I love parties! The party will be held at the ball room which is placed on the northern east of the manor.

I started humming different tunes, I feel so free as of this moment. No one will know who I am, that I am the eldest daughter of the Veloris who they've abandoned.

I wonder how they covered all these? Did they told the news that I went overseas to pursue my dreams? How cliché. I stopped thinking about those stuffs when I have reached a giant door. I can hear music; organs, piano, violin playing inside.

This is it!

The excitement once again crawled up my stomach. The butterflies in my stomach makes me go wild. The walls that reflects the color of the room, the chandelier that makes the room grand, the colorful dresses that made the room more colorful, the music that fill your ears with happiness, and the food that just by looking at it makes your mouth water! Jace signalled at me that she will be back after she finished doing some chores. I nodded and mouthed 'Thank you.' I continued looking around the room that has been filled with everything that makes me happy.

"I'm out, atlast... This is heaven!" I unconsciously shouted. Few people glared at me but I didn't pay attention that much. I walk towards the buffet table and scooped most of the desserts that look pleasing to me. "Hmn.. This looks so delicious." I was about to take a bite when I heard something familiar.

"Earl Phantomhive!" My eyes instantly averted to where the voice came from. My gaze landed on a man wearing a dark blue that almost looked like black masquerade mask. It has silver ribbon designed on the edges.

The one who he called 'Phantomhive' doesn't have a mask. Is that even allowed in a masquerade party?

I'm assuming that the man with the dark blue mask wants to introduce someone to the Earl.

Not far from where I was standing were the Phantomhives, I suppose. In front of the giant window was where the earl standing. I'm guessing that his height is 195 cm. He smiled when he heard his name. The only word that popped in my mind was 'beautiful.' He is so beautiful. He politely greeted the person who called him as they talk to each others, there I saw a young boy beside the Earl, who also doesn't have a mask.

I assume that he is the child of the Earl for they resemble each other. "Beautiful people should just go to hell." I mumbled using my sarcastic tone as I rolled my eyes. One thing that catched my eyes were the reaction of the man with a moustache and glasses when he saw the Earl and his kid. The eyes were full of admiration first but eventually turned into craving.
Disgusting.

Why aren't they wearing masks? And it hit me, most people are not even wearing masks. How unfair! I firmly remove my mask not minding my hair getting messy. It's fine, I'm sure it's not that messy. I left the mask on the mini table beside me, the person who will pick this is very lucky, it's such a beautiful mask.

I didn't bother knowing what they're talking about because a brilliant plan has bloomed in my head. I politely interrupted their conversation and smiled innocently. "Good evening Earl Phantomhive and to you too.." Crap, I didn't heard his name! I returned my eyes to the Earl. He's surprised for my sudden interruption but I don't care. "I hope you're enjoying the party Earl Phantomhive." I once again flashed a smile. "I'm Marie Veloris the niece of Lady Helda Veloris. It's an honor to be your acquaintance." His expression changed and he formed a smile that can really make women go wild. "The honor's all mine. I'm Earl Vincent Phantomhive and this is my son.." He pointed the young child beside him. "..Ciel Phantomhive." I took a glanced to the young kid as he happily smiled back to me. I smiled at him while the word 'adorable' keeps on ringing inside my mind.