Lifelong ✨

I've started writing this chapter to calm myself down the night before my first theory exam, which was over two weeks ago. And I kept coming back to writing this whenever I wanted a break. But I'd write 50-100 words and then either lose interest or fall short of words which is why it took me so long to finish it.

But here it is finally and I hope you guys will like it.

as__writes
ictFiction
Tanzi18
TheCalmInTheChaos
HP202024
Savageness06
SophieArshian
Shanaya7779
viratianforlife18
Lisha2108
shimmery_pearl
loveeict
sassy_reads
unnavXvirushka
Just_Words1845

Thank you for commenting on the last chapter 🫶

Really thankful for everyone who voted on the previous chapter and to the ones who gave my story a chance <3
.
.
.

Six year old Virat was heartbroken to leave his friends when his family had to shift to Hyderabad. He heard his parents talking about the possibility of life being hard for them initially in a new city and that only deepened his misery.

'You are going to be alright. You will make new friends there.' his sister said to comfort him.

'I don't want new friends. I want my friends.' Virat was on the verge of crying, for the tenth time on that day.

She didn't know what else to say but she knew the way to make him feel better - her magical, comforting hugs that made Virat forget his teachers scoldings, the birthday parties he was uninvited to, the scary monsters haunting his dreams and every other inconvenience he faced.

Two weeks later, they shifted to Hyderabad. Virat grew anxious as his dad dropped him at his school and heard the other parents and children talk in an unfamiliar language.

'Papa, I don't want to go to school. Take me home.' he hugged his dad and began weeping.

'Beta, in the school everyone should only speak in English and you know that language right?'

'Yes, my English teacher gave me a star on my hand almost everyday. I know english.' Virat answered.

'See, so no problem at school. You will be okay. ' His dad walked him into the school and spoke to his class teacher to take care of him and left.

The first day at school in a new place wasn't as bad as Virat dreaded it will be. During the lunch break, the local kids were fascinated seeing a new dish in Virat's lunch box and so was Virat seeing theirs.Over shared lunchboxes, Virat managed to make two friends that day.

In the evening his mother had come to pick him up and Virat ran merrily to her who immediately picked him up in her arms.

'How was your day beta?' she asked and Virat began explaining every single detail of his six hours at school on their way back home. 

As soon as they entered their apartment they spotted another mother - son duo.

'Mumma, hold my hand!' the young boy demanded as his mother left his hand for a few seconds to adjust her dupatta as she was carrying groceries with the other hand.