2. Dolls

*Flashback*

*Flashback*

THE MOMENT WHERE everyone panicked was when scientist Jenner said they were gonna die in that awful building. Everyone went into flight or fight mode, most chose fight.

But while Daryl was trying to beat down the door and Rick was trying to convince the man to let them free, Emma's mind spiraled. The amount of times her mind spinned should've been billed per month but she began thinking deeply, Simba meowing at her trying to get her attention, not understanding what was happening.

Sometimes Emma wished she were a cat. Not in a werid way, obviously. But like some women wished they were men and some men wished they were women, Emma wished she was a cat. Cats had it so simple, they didn't have to worry, they got free food and a free roof over their heads with unconditional love. They didn't have to worry about getting eaten by the dead. They just lived life along with the humans, not a care in the world.

But as Emma thought, she thought about her mom. She didn't really remember her mother. Her mother died while she gave birth. Then her mind drifted to her father. She wondered where she was right now. Maybe he was surviving along in the world, eating whatever was in sight. Maybe he was sleeping peacefully. Maybe he was dead. The girl didn't know.

She thought about all the people they lost. She thought about Jim. Jim was a nice guy. She didn't know him that well but from their seven to nine weeks together the guy seemed kind, just wanting to protect the camp, even if it took his own life.

Then she thought about Ed and Merle. They were both dicks anyway. Wasn't much to say about them. But as Emma always thought. A villain had a reason to become a villain. Maybe Merle and Ed had bad parents to look up too, maybe they were neglected or abandoned, maybe they were bullied. Maybe something in their life triggered them to become the way they were. Emma tried to treat everyone the same. On the inside everyone each had a heart, lungs, a liver, blood cells. Everything. She tried to think maybe as a kid they were kind, but that was hard to truly imagine.

She thought to her best friend Amy. She didn't know Amy for long. But they instantly clicked. They'd laugh, they'd talk till the sun rose. She always knew how to lighten the mood even in the saddest of times. Amy was the first person to know about her father. She swore not to tell anybody, she couldn't really break that promise now.

Maybe life would be simpler if it just...stopped. The afterlife holds many things people don't know. Some believe it'll just be black, some think it'll be peaceful, some think it'll be heaven or hell, and maybe others think they'll just be on the other side, watching their loved ones without them seeing each other or meeting eye to eye.

But if the girl knew one thing. It was everyone in this world would eventually die. If it wasn't by cancer or gun shot or old age it'd be ripped apart by the ones that were once them. And Emma didn't want to die by the thing she spent months fearing.