𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗟 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘

paring : choi jongho x infected!fem!reader
genre : bestfriends to lovers, fluff, angst, zombie apocalypse AU [ inspired by AOUAD ]
warnings : swearing, reader is a half zombie, Jongho is clingy af.
word count : 2280

Damn. How did you end up being a human that has a zombie virus flow in your blood?

But you were lucky, though. You weren't sure how it happened, but all you know is that you're finally fucking free from being pressured by these stupid zombies.

"And what am I going to do now?" You grumbled as you walked into the hallway of your school, which was full of zombies. Everything was ten times quieter than usual, and it saddened you a bit. You also wondered how your friends and your family were doing right then.

But one thing that you were confident about was that all of your friends were definitely going to survive.

And how did you get bitten? Well, during the escape, you had no choice but to separate yourself from your group. Not that you wanted to survive alone, but you saw a bite mark on your wrist that was hiding in your sleeve, so you thought that you should use that as a chance to get away from your friends.

You ran into a random classroom that was surprisingly empty. And you locked yourself in the room, waiting for your death, but nothing happened to you.

Now you're exploring each rooms, in case you might find a survivor and help them out. You could hear things around you easier as well; it sounded so hallucinating, but you're a half zombie, so it isn't surprising because zombies are sensitive to noises.

Then you get why Walking Dead has a title like that, because you literally feel like you're so dead inside.

"Ah.. I'm tired already." You grumbled once again before hearing someone panting heavily in the room next to you, so you considered that there was a survivor inside.

You opened the door and slammed it shut quietly. And you were right—there was a man sitting on the floor with his back against the wall, closing his eyes. You couldn't see his face that well, so you walked closer to get a better look.

That's... that's Jongho.

Jongho!?

Jongho is your closest friend; you have known him since the first grade of middle school. You guys knew each other so well and knew almost everything together.

You didn't understand why he separated from the group though. It seems like he just ran away from zombies too.

"Jong?" You called out, and he flinched immediately as he snapped his eyes open, staring at you shockingly. "Y/n? You're still alive??" He smiled with relief and reached out his hand to pull you closer to him, but you backed away a bit. Because you weren't sure and technically are half alive, not fully.

He pouted offensively and leaned his body forward to pull you to him, and he succeeded because he's a stubborn head. You were in between his legs as he held you tightly against him. Being with you feels so safe to him; he couldn't get enough of you at all.