3 - Kim

Saturday, 25th November, 22:28pm

The wind was cold outside, making me shiver a little while I dug my hands deeper into my pockets. Being up here, with no trees to catch the wind, it was blowing freely into my face, playing with my orange-brown hair. I wondered if all evenings up here would be that cold. But it's probably warmer in the summer. I actually didn't mind the cold, I actually preferred it over the unbearable heat during summer. I was comfortable with something in between - not too cold but also not too hot. After Cho showed me the racetrack today I stayed a little at the garage to get to know the other members at least a little bit. Of course, not that I was planning on being friends with anyone, I was just being polite. After all, I didn't wanna come off rude on my first day here, if I do, Tony might change his mind after all and then I came here for nothing. I was still interested in the infamous racer Pitbabe, from X-Hunter. It's said, nobody could ever surpass him, no matter how hard you train and how good you are. In which I do not believe. He's not some kind of magician, so there's gotta be someone at some point who's able to defeat him. And with enough training that will be me. The night sky looked so pretty with the skyline of Bangkok, it felt so easy to let my mind go. It's weird, besides feeling so comfortable here I'm still having a hard time settling in into the new place. I like my house, I like the city, I like how nice and refreshing the evenings are, yet I miss my hometown, I miss my family. It's weird, really, it is. But I can't help it. I let out a sigh, completely unwanted but still didn't try to stop it. I closed my eyes for a moment and thought back to my childhood, remembering the first time my parents took me to a racetrack.

Flashback

It was a warm day in South Korea as I stood outside in front of my dad's car, completely clueless about what's happening next. Today was my birthday and my dad's said they had a big surprise for me. Papa took dad by the hand and told me with a gentle smile to get into the car. I nodded enthusiastically and crawled onto the backseat. My dad's got in front and papa started the car. The sound of the engine roared up and my smile grew a little. I loved the sound of the engine. We started driving and I saw the houses of Icheon pass by until we left the small-town. The further we drove, the more my excitement grew. I wanted to know where we were going but at the same time I wanted to be surprised. I loved surprises. After a little while longer in the car, dad turned to me saying, "We're almost there, buddy. But I have to ask you to close your eyes so it'll be a proper surprise."
I listened to what my dad said and closed my eyes and being as truthful as I was, I didn't dare to peak. I leaned back in the seat until I felt the car come to a halt. Still, I didn't peak. I waited for papa to unbuckle my belt, I knew it was papa, I can smell it on his perfume and his curls are tickling my chin and neck. I could unbuckle my seatbelt by myself but since my eyes were closed that would be rather hard. Papa helped me to get out of the car, holding one of my nads to lead me and make sure I won't fall. As soon as I had successfully left the car, dad took my other hand. I took in the surroundings by smell and noise. It was loud, many people were talking. The smell was not bad but also not very pleasant. I smelled food, hotdigs and fires as well as the smell of wok. I smelled beer but also.. petrol. And I started to catch on. It couldn't be, could it? We had walked away from the car but I didn't know where and I heard dad talk to someone before we continued walking. The sounds of people chatting got louder and soon I could feel myself in a crowd. Papa led us through the mass of people until we were in some kind of rows. Finally, my dad told me to open my eyes and as I did so, I was shocked. I was standing in the middle of tons of seat rows looking down at a racetrack. I couldn't believe my eyes. They actually took me to a race. Excitedly, I turned to my parents with a big, wide smile.
"Thank you so much!! This is the best birthday ever!!" I yelled to be louder than the people around us and hugged both my parents tightly. Then, I turned back to the racetrack with wide eyes, smiling like crazy. The race was about to start and I heard the announcement introducing the racers.

My favorite team had won that day. I'm being honest saying it's my most precious childhood memory. I smiled softly into nothingness, remembering how I had jumped up and down all the way back to the car telling my dad's how amazing the team did. I miss them, my dads. I miss them a lot. And I)m planning on making them proud here by beating Thailand's number one racer. At least I will try and I won't stop trying until I actually succeed. Because if there is one thing left that I wish to do, it's to make my dads proud for once. I won't let them down, not anymore.
It wasn't until hours later that I left the hill close to my house. It was already past midnight but I didn't really care. There weren't really any plans for tomorrow if it wasn't for Winner to ask me to come along to the gym. But it's not that early. He said, it's for team building purposes and because he wants to see my skills and physical fitness, which, I guess, is fair. After all, I'll be playing an important role in their team. They need to know who they're relying on. Nobody could fully comprehend the reason of why I came here so they try to find out stuff that's easier to grasp for them.
After showering and getting into bed I closed my eyes. Just shortly after the darkness had surrounded me, my head started replaying the events of today. I do that a lot. It's my way of processing stuff. Also, it helps me fall asleep, which I did soon after.

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Kind of a cozy chapter for Kim bc I want him to have some comfort before getting into angst ;)
In my opinion, Kim was definitely raised by two dads and you cannot change my mind about this. The thought of it lives in my head rent free and is like therapy. Just imagine little Kim nuzzling up to his two fathers on the couch while watching a live race on the TV 🥹
Also the imagination of Kim's dads taking him to his first race ever is so cute I can't.
Also I'm trying to update maybe daily but I can't promise it will work out cuz this weekend is really PACKED with stuff for school and I don't know if I can make it to update two parts. So I apologize in advance for not updating so often!!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Make sure to eat enough and stay hydrated. Also, have an amazing day/night :3