IV - A F(r)iend

Cee

After her confrontation at the inn, Cee went straight to the river to, literally, cool off. She knew just the place to be alone. There was a secluded place just west of the city. Humans rarely ventured there as different creatures lurked in the area, but they had been accustomed to Cee, and she respected their own space, making it easier for her to navigate through the woods without being attacked.

She hid in a bush and stripped off of her armor until she was left only with a piece of cloth that covered her crotch area. She put her sword near the riverbank, hoping never to have to use it while she swam.

She jumped into the cold water without a second thought. She felt herself relaxed as soon as she hit the water, her fiery body calming down already.

If she hadn't controlled herself, she could have killed the captain of the city guards right in the middle of the inn. Just because she was a woman doesn't mean she liked being groped. Killing such a person could cause such an uproar that could get back to Pelindros, which she would really like to avoid, especially if his betrothed lived here. And especially now that he was a prince now.

The title he somehow stole from her twin.

She shook her head as she felt her temper rise. Steam started to form around her. She took a deep breath and dove under the water. She held her breath as long as she could until her lungs burned.

She gasped as soon as she resurfaced from the water.

Cee was floating around the river when she heard something. She turned and looked around but saw nothing. There was nothing in the forest, to be exact, but there was something in the water. She began to swim towards the bank as quickly as she could, towards her sword when a hand suddenly pulled her leg down. She thrashed and kicked at it but the grip was strong. As much as she could, she didn't use much of her power but the struggle underwater was a bit draining of her own strength.

Focusing her energy on her lower body, she let out a spark toward her attacker. It stung her as well but it was sure that worse than her attacker. It loosened its grip on her making her swim quickly ashore. She staggered and clamored to get her sword and drew it when the head emerged from the water, snarling.

"Sinclair!" She yelled as soon as she recognized her attacker. She lowered her sword as she sighed exasperatingly.

"When are you going to start calling me by my name?" She snarled back. "And thank you very much for electrifying me, Chalisandra." She glared at Cee, and the brunette glared back at her.

"You're the one who sneaked up on me! I thought... ugh, never mind."

She swam back into the river, found a rock, and sat down. The woman swam towards her and sat beside her.

Cee looked beside her.

Cheska Sinclair. The royal mermaid princess of the Kingdom of Phaelaguis, the waters surrounding Thelas. She was the eldest daughter of King Kranos and Queen Themis, the eldest and heir. She had three sisters and one brother.

She watched as she untangled her pastel-colored hair with her fingers. The roots started as blonde but their color changed from pink to purple to green to orange as her eyes traveled down to its ends. The mermaid's hair seemed to glow under the light rays of the sun that pierced through the trees.

Cee was enjoying the view as Cheska brushed her hair down to her side. Her hands looked a little burned which she caused. A wave of guilt spread through her chest at the thought of hurting her friend.

Her eyes traveled down to her tail that was flicking in the river. It was blue, like the ocean, and faded as the scales disappeared to her hips. Her hips were bare, revealing a flat stomach. Her breasts were also covered with scales, like her tail, but still revealed some skin that Cee couldn't help but look at.