Chapter 2

Introductions went by fast, and I could never be more thankful for that as it led to breakfast in the dining hall at nine. Besides the people Eren told me about, I learned about the others. There was Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt, Pieck, and Porco. They were all from Trost High, the other semi-local high school around these parts. Pieck was in the hospital due to her legs according to Reiner, and Porco decided Welcome Weekend was stupid and just stayed in his dorm.

Oh how I wish I was still in bed too. Lucky bastard.

Breakfast consisted of eggs, a variety of meats, toast or biscuits, and oatmeal. Lunch wouldn't be served 'til noon, but I think I've eaten enough to last me until dinner at this point. I've also gone through almost two of my filled to the brim water bottles, along with a cup or two of OJ at breakfast. Now I had to piss super bad.

"Down the hall and to the left," I muttered to myself, trying to remember what Levi had told me. Still with a scowl. I wonder if he ever made a different facial expression or if he was just born that way. Finding the woman's restroom, I thank God for the empty bathroom that won't trigger me pee shy. Locking the stall, I pull down my pants and sit. Grabbing the toilet paper, I let out a sigh and allow myself to relax now that I'm not surrounded by people. I wasn't one to ever have social anxiety, but lordy this drained me and its only been an hour with these people I was to spend the rest of this semester with. Wiping, I throw the used tissue in the toilet and pull up my undies and shorts, grossed out by how sweaty everything was as the toilet automatically flushed. Opening the stall, I let out a small yelp, not expecting Hange to be right there.

"My bad (Y/n), I didn't mean to scare you. Levi said you went to the bathroom, and the next group activity is about to start!" She said as I avoided her gaze, just wanting to wash my hands.

"I think I might turn in for the day, leader. I think I ate too much for breakfast and my stomach hurts pretty bad," I lied, enjoying the cold water rushing over my hands.

"Oh shit, that's not good. You don't have a fever do you? Hopefully you don't have heat exhaustion, or heat stroke. I told the committee that it was a bad idea to do this in the middle of a heat wave, and they didn't listen to me," Hange rambled on as I rinsed the soap off, mindlessly listening in on her. All of a sudden, her hand was on my forehead and I was facing her, practically chest-to-chest. Her other hand that wasn't on my forehead was on my shoulder, grasping it firmly but gently and I could feel my heart rate pick up. Her eyes were serious, eyebrows furrowed as she studied my features and my cheeks burned from her gaze and proximity.

"You don't seem to have a fever, but you are really warm and sweaty. I don't like the fact that you're nauseous too, so you should definitely head back to your dorm and get some rest. I'll tell Levi about your predicament, and I'll make sure to bring you lunch later and check up to see if you're well enough for dinner," she took a step back, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. Her facial features softened as she gave me a smile. "I don't want you to overexert yourself on your first week here. I did that and ended up in the hospital for a few days. I did not hear the end of it from Levi or Erwin," she laughed, and I missed her proximity to me. She was only a few feet away, but her being close just felt right.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck. I cannot be developing a crush. She was a woman I barely knew; a woman who had a responsibility over me for this weekend who I'll barely talk to afterwards. I probably do have heat exhaustion with how scrambled my brains are.

"Right," I spoke softly, nodding along with Hange's words. "My water bottle is still in the dining hall though-"

"I'll bring it to you at lunch. You do have a spare though, right?" She asked, her head tilting ever so slightly in question.