c2. Unforeseen Circumstances

I arrived at the café that Flutters told me to meet her at. I wore my light wash, bootcut jeans, a red long-sleeve top with apples embroidered on the cuffs (my favourite top), and, of course, Tallulah, my hat. The café looked gorgeous—lots of flowers and greenery—very fluttershy-y. I gazed around the café for a second until I spotted, quite easily, Fluttershy. With her bright blush hair, she would be easy to pick out of a crowd.

I ran up to her with genuine excitement, embracing her in a hug.

"Flutters, it's been so long!"

"I know! It's so good to see you! I've ordered us some coffee; I hope that's ok."

"That's dandy Flutters, thank you. So, what's going on with you? How have you been and all?" I said, sitting down opposite Fluttershy.

"I've been just wonderful, Apples! I am still doing my veterinary internship, which I absolutely love." Fluttershy beamed with a smile. She could speak all day and all night about the animals she cares for at the vets. This made Applejack smile too.

"I bet you do, that sounds right up your alley!"

"What about you? How's life treating you on the farm?"

"Everything's fine at Sweet Apple Acres, always has been. I'm just lucky I never get bored of it."

"That's what I was thinking. What's it like to be in Canterlot?"

"I'll admit, it sure is a strange change of scenery being surrounded by high rises and high streets as opposed to the wheelbarrows and watering cans I'm used to."

"And you're not worried about anything else?"

I sensed a slight change of pace from Fluttershy. Clearly, she was trying to bring something up that she didn't want to say outright herself.

Before I could reply, our coffees arrived and were placed delicately in front of us both as we thanked the waiter.

"Uh, no. I don't think so. Should I be worried about something?" I answered, sipping on my coffee.

"Well. . .you know. . ."

"What is it, Flutters?"

"Rainbow and Sunset still live in the same neighbourhood. You're not worried about bumping into them?"

I can't say I'm surprised Fluttershy brought them up. Even though it was four years ago, she probably held even more of a grudge over them than I did, especially over Rainbow Dash. She's the kindest girl you'll ever meet, Fluttershy, but if you manage to find your way into her bad books, there's very little chance of you getting out of them; both Rainbow and Sunset have fallen guilty. It's hard to tell sometimes whether Fluttershy is more scared of the two or purely angry with them; I think it changes from time to time.

"Well, you still live here. How often do you see them around?" I managed to dodge her question. I'm not even sure if I could've given her a clear answer anyway.

"Not too often, I guess. I did see them last week though; they were picking up pizzas from a restaurant not too far from here."

I stopped mid-sip of my coffee, placing it back down in front of me. Did Flutters just say they were picking up pizzas? As in. . .together they were picking up pizzas?

"Together?"

"Mhm." Fluttershy nods. "I imagine they were eating in that night. Sunset has been staying at Rainbows for a while now. Didn't you know?"

No, I did not know this. . . A visible angered confusion appeared on my face, Fluttershy noticed.

"Apples, are you okay?"