One Too Many Mistakes - Chapter 19

SORRY I'VE BEEN AWAY SO LONG!

I'm writing a series atm so thats taken most of my time lol (definitely not making excuses or anything. . .🫣) BUT I'M BACK NOW SO HERE YOU GO!

WARNING: ALCOHOL (pretty much the whole chap so if that's something you'd prefer to stay away from, you've been warned.)

Dash and I walk up to Gilda's door, her house was unusually ginormous. Dash had told me on our way that Gilda's parents are very successful architects who now live in Manehattan, so they left their Canterlot house behind for Gilda. Because her house is so large, the Colt parties are almost always at hers.

Sunset and twilight were planning on arriving a little later on. We had quickly gone over to the apartment to dump our things and get changed, but since Gilda lives relatively close by to the apartment, we were perfectly on time for the party.

We hear the muffled yet loud music coming from inside and see coloured lights illuminating almost every room seen through the many windows of the house. There are a few people scattered around the front yard, some making out, some just chatting and some, to Dash's intrigue, drinking heavily.

"Excited?" I say to Dash, expecting an enthusiastic  'yes'.

"Uhh, yeah. I'm excited if you are." Dash says ringing the bell. I stay silent to her response, slightly questioning my judgement.

'She did definitely want to go. . .didn't she?' I think, hoping beyond hope that I haven't just made a huge mistake.

"AJ, are you 1000% sure you--" Dash starts before she is interrupted by the door being opened by Gilda, holding a filled plastic cup. The booming music, alcohol smell and red luminescence being released from the confinements of the house by the barrier of the now opened door.

I look to Dash in concern before darting my eyes to a tipsy Gilda.

"You nerds made it! Come on in." Gilda says, opening the door for us.

Dash looks to me, an unsettled look on her face as she takes in a deep breath in and eventually out. "Come on then AJ, after you."

She makes way for me to enter, which after a moment of contemplation, I do.

Rainbow's POV

God was I dreading this. . .

I haven't been to one of the Colt parties in a little bit, making up excuses not to go, knowing how crazy they can get. I felt slightly safer with AJ by my side, but still. I wasn't happy to be here by any means. AJ just seemed like she really wanted me to go, probably thinking I needed to burn off some kind of pushed down desire, that I needed to let off some steam. I didn't want to disappoint her, now I couldn't regret it more.

The pounding of the party hits me like a bomb, the waves of bass sending me right back to my past, the same party air as I have been used to before. I look about, spotting Soarin and Misty playing some kind of drinking game, Thunderlane, Fleetfoot, Lightning Dust and Blaze are all chatting around with others at the party (other local teams in the area, friends and whatnot.) Spitfire is surprisingly here too, chatting with the team captain of the Crystal Bolts, who were also all here.

"Spitfire's here? I thought she weren't comin' till later on?" AJ says.

"She just got here, she was just asking where you guys were actually. . ." Gilda shouts over to Spitfire, "Hey Fire! Look who just showed up!"

Spitfire smiles as she walks over to us, "Finally! I was wondering what you guys were up to." Spitfire pounds my fist, our usually greeting and gives AJ a hug, a more affectionate greeting to match AJ's warmer personality.