I. Gleaming, twinkling

─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

"I'm being sarcastic Potter

"I'm being sarcastic Potter."

─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

The stars shone brightly as Regulus leant on his back in the astronomy tower. He flicked his eyes around searching for the constellations, searching for his stars. As he slid his rings on and off his fingers he loosened his tie and took a sip from his coffee.

This had become quite a routine for the boy, late at night he'd sneak out of his dorm and head for the astronomy tower. On the way there he would visit the kitchens where the elves would make him a coffee. Nobody quite understood him, so he found it comforting to talk to the elves, or even the ghosts. His favourite elf, Leora, loved to ask him about his day. Helena Ravenclaw sometimes would even sit with Regulus while he studied, as he did that a lot.

Sipping his coffee, Regulus heard a clatter at the bottom of the astronomy tower. He climbed up and leant over the edge to see what was going on, who on Earth was outside at this time? Ah, Lily Evans and James Potter. The schools 'it' couple. He let out a scoff and started to sit back down, well that was until he started to hear yelling. Technically he wasn't eavesdropping if they interrupted him, right?

***

"Lily wait! I'm sorry. Please!" James followed the girl outside, where she'd stormed off after seeing the marauders hexing Snape.

"James I told you to leave me alone, it's dark out just go back inside and annoy someone else." Lily snapped at him.

James let out a heavy sigh and carried on following her. "The hex was harmless! I can't believe you're defending him."

"Sev is my friend! You told me you'd stop bullying him when we got together, why won't you listen to me?"

"He was being a dick to moony! What was I supposed to do?"

"Talk to him! Don't send him to the fucking hospital wing!"

Scoffing, James threw his hands up in the air. "I don't regret it one bit, he deserved it."

"You know what?" Lily said with an eyebrow raise.

"What?"

"You are so immature. We're done."

The brunette froze and looked at the girl. "Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow then?"

"No James, we are over." With one flick of her red hair, Lily walked away, leaving James stood, heartbroken.

The conversation repeated in James' head over and over again. What did he do wrong? Snape is a horrible person, anything James did to him was sorely to protect his friends. Snape wouldn't hesitate to call Lily a mud- that word. He didn't deserve her trust, what did she see in him anyway? It wasn't fair, it wasn't fucking fair.