IX. Walk past, quick brush

─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

"He's grumpy, careful

"He's grumpy, careful."

─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

It's safe to say that Regulus wants to hit his head into a wall, or sink himself in a lake. Really anything that involves him not being here right now. His utter confusion for his feelings towards Potter were enough, he really didn't need to see the boy he may or may not have feelings for flirting with a random Hufflepuff girl in the library. Oh yeah, we haven't even established if James likes men yet - likely he doesn't.

He was just casually trying to study in the library, when Potter walked in and started wishing the pretty brunette girl 'good luck' for her quidditch match that was taking place against the Ravenclaws later today. Now Ravenclaw has to win, just to be spiteful. Yet the girl carried on giggling and twirling her hair.

Regulus was probably staring at the scene for far too long, but of course it took for James to actually look up, lock eyes with Regulus, and wink at him, for Regulus to even realise that he was in fact staring. He fucking winked, the ego on that man for crying out loud. Regulus stuck his nose as far into his book as possible as he gave Potter the most exaggerated eye roll he could muster up.

He felt the presence of someone in front of him, clearly trying to get his attention. He spoke without even looking up from his book, very clearly pissed off about something. "What do you want?"

"Well good morning to you too."

Looking up, Regulus caught sight of Sirius leaning over him with a smile on his face. "Good morning." Regulus paused for a moment. "Actually no, It's a shit morning."

"Well aren't you chipper today."

"Shove off." Regulus grumbled.

Sirius pulled up a chair and sat himself in front of a very unimpressed looking Regulus. "What's wrong?"

Glaring, Regulus placed his book down on the table and gave a very obviously fake smile before dropping his face back into a scowl. "Nothing."

"Oh come on you can talk to me-"

CRASH

The loud noise came from behind Sirius, the sound of cursing made Regulus look over in the direction of the noise. Regulus watched as James Potter helped up the second year boy that he'd knocked over and proceed to rush over to Regulus and Sirius. He's just here for Sirius, not you, Regulus told himself.