16

All three of them stared at the table in the middle of the dining hall and Athy looked confused, 
Lucas made them match outfits and Y/n sighed, taking a glance at Lucas and he just smirked 

" I'm surprised you managed to survive, I hear it's all thanks to aeternitas. " 
Claude said as he sat on a chair across from the former emperor, Anastacius 

"  Call him Carax. " 
He said and then he took a glance at y/n noticing her eyes and he spoke 

" So that's why you were so difficult to comprehend... It's been a while...Magician. " 
Anastacius said and Y/n's eyes hardened and ignored his comment

Y/n observed the place, already noticing Lucas set up a barrier around the place. A dining place, a table in the middle food scattered on it like a feast was happening, Y/n set another barrier right in front of them, then Claude attempted to harm Jeanette but Anasticius immediately jumped to protect her, Y/n flinched at the sound of utensils and plates falling then breaking. 

" You were like a madman begging to be killed. " 
" I saw you draw your last breath, so I thought I'd killed you, But as time passed by, The more I questioned what happened. " 
" Did you have a motive perhaps? " 
Claude commented and Y/n observed the mana flowing 

' Carax huh, so that's what he goes by. ' 

" That's right Claude. " 
" The truth is, I never wanted our relationship to become so twisted. But I was led astray by an evil spirit. " 
Anasticius spoke and some were shocked, Y/n was unamused since she could tell it was a half-truth half-lie, then suddenly in the middle of speaking Y/n noticed a change in the mana, and Anastacius- No. Carax threw Jeanette to them until Lucas caught Jeanette while Y/n stabled her barrier. An explosion happened, causing the table to fall and more things to break. 

" I already told you, don't you dare touch them rat.
Y/n said sternly and Carax chuckled 

" Hey you- Did you try to kill everyone? " 
Lucas shouted in frustration as he explained to Athy why he threw Jeanette to them, using her mana to overdrive and make her explode. 

" I will handle that sire. " 
Lucas said as he turned to Claude, who nodded. 

Y/n was confused 
" Handle??..." 

" Watch me. " 
Lucas said confidently 

" Hey! My bad. " 

..
...
' What?... ' 
Y/n thought to herself as Lucas continued complimenting Carax, then he turned to Y/n and Athy, smirking. 

' This ego magician I swear... ' 

" Even after many years have passed your arrogance has remained the same..." 
They continued talking back and forth, Y/n unable to process anything as she found Lucas apologizing unbelievably. Then suddenly Carax's soul left Anasticius's body and Y/n's eyes widened

' What?... Is he this childish? Accepting such a pathetic sorry, Lucas keep your guard up. ' 
Y/n telephatied to Lucas while he felt offended at the ' pathetic sorry ' part. 
Then suddenly Carax's soul switched to Jeanette's body, Y/n shouted her name trying to keep her away but it was too late, Carax had entered Jeanette's body. 

" Your sweet words almost had me fooled, but I'll never forgive you, you made me like this! " 
Carax shouted at Lucas and he got pissed off 

" WHAT?! " 
" What the hell are you talking about?! What did I do?! You're the one who chose to become this way do you know how many people I've snubbed over the years?! And yet you're the only one who became an evil spirit?! " 
Lucas shouted back at Carax while he told him to shut up, Y/n gritted her teeth in frustration and she looked at the floating soul around Jeanette's body, noticing it slightly different from when Carax was possessing Anasticius. 

Carax tried to convince Jeannete that Athy was trying to kill her but she refused, Then Anasticius spoke 

" I told you that child is not so easily swayed, You have nowhere to go come back to me. " 

Anasticius said as Carax's soul was forcibly left because Athy helped Jeanette, Y/n took off the barrier around all three of them and raised her hand to the floating soul of Carax, While Lucas did the same. 

" Didn't I make it already clear Rat? You've made the wrong move, Nothing can save you now. We're even now. I hope you perish to the depths of hell, And I'll make sure you will never get another chance to do this again. " 

Y/n said as both of the magicians killed the evil soul. 

 " Just how obsessed was he with me? gross. " 
 "Even after all that hard work he did, he still met his demise. " 
Lucas said, and then guards came in and arrested Anasticius. 

Y/n watched them bring him out of the room with blurry eyes, she felt weak at first, then an overflowing energy to the point her body collapsed. 

" Tired already? " 
Lucas spoke, and then when he realized Y/n wasn't just tired. Then he went to her level, realizing she lost consciousness 
" Y/n?..." 

Lucas's POV; 
As soon as I saw Y/n collapse on the ground I caught her and spoke
" Y/n. Y/n wake up. " 

I said calmly until I felt mana surround her body, Mana so strong that it felt so heavy, not mana of one but dozens more. Y/n's body felt light in my arms, almost too light. She looked so pale, so exhausted, so fragile like glass. I immediately raised my hand to see what was wrong, but instead of finding the problem her magic fought back and caused a conflict between our magic. 

The moment Both the emperor and Athy noticed I was just as confused and panicked as her, I spoke as I tried to convince both them and myself. 

" I...Somethings wrong. " 
I said and teleported both of us to a chamber, placing her on the bed while I cursed under my breath 

" What the hell...What's this feeling?... Why is it so heavy...Goddamnit.." 
I cursed as I held her hand and spoke to her 

" Y/n? Y/n you hear me? Speak up. Y/n answer. " 
I said frustrated, trying to find the problem then The Emperor came from the door along with Athy, and I got more frustrated. 

' Dammnit what's wrong? What's happening with you so suddenly? ' 
I thought to myself as I tightened my hand around Y/n's. Then it suddenly hits me- 

" Your Majesty, how many murders and assassinations happened towards the L/ns. " 
I asked and Athy answered instead 

" Multiple, the L/n family was often targets of rebels along with a few corrupt magicians because of their unique magic. " 

" Magic? What kind of magic? " 
I asked and based on her expression she was unsure until the Emperor spoke 

" The L/n's could absorb magic/mana, controlling them to their liking. Using it as theirs. " 
" Lucas- What's happening to Y/n?- " 
I listened and I looked at Y/n's unconscious body, moving her hair from her face and I gritted my teeth. 

" I think I know what's wrong, Y/n's magic is...overflowing..." 
I mumbled and Athy questioned what I meant 

" I'm guessing Aeternitas killed every single L/n to absorb their magic but Y/n. Now since He's gone...The magic plans to return to its original owner, but since the owner is gone, it goes to the closest thing possible. The descendant..."
I looked at the unconscious body of Y/n in my arms as I paused and pulled her close as I buried her head on my shoulder, then mumbled.

" Right now...she's a bomb. " 

____

exams done...requirements needed...