thirty.

ACT ONE — CHAPTER THIRTY

2021

"This is a stupid idea. You know she's still like psychotic, right?" Emily noted as she and Natalie were in the car.

The fact that Misty was the first person that both of them thought of when it came to cleaning up a murder said great words on who Misty is.

"Aren't we all?" Natalie arched an eyebrow at the blonde.

Emily rolled her eyes, "Some more than others."

"How'd it go with Ash last night?" Natalie asked her voice as gentle as possible.

The tone of her voice reminded her of those nights that she would wake up hysterical from a nightmare and Natalie would do her best to comfort her.

She pressed her lips together, "It was ok, Tai showed up so that help provide a bit of a buffer."

Emily decided to leave out the bits about Ash giving her a hard time for talking to Natalie again.

Natalie nodded, not really having anything else to add to the conversation.

"Are you ready for this?" Emily asked, putting the car in park.

Natalie shrugged, "Let's get this over with."

The two women approached the door, Natalie stepping forward to knock. After a few moments Emily piped up, "Do you think she's gonna answer?"

"I mean she's still pretty upset with me, so I don't know...but hopefully."

The door creaked open after a few more seconds, revealing the curly haired girl wearing bright red lip stick.

"Wow...you look pretty." Natalie spoke, attempting to come across as being nice.

Emily was slightly concerned about how the other woman's words would come across to Misty. They had gone over the plan in the car, but that still didn't necessarily improve their odds.

Misty paused, "You can save the flattery, I have nothing to say to you."

Natalie sighed, "Why did you open the door then?"

Directly following that comment, Natalie received an elbow to the ribs and a glaring look from Emily.

"Because...I just had to say that?"

Natalie looked at Emily, almost pleading her to take over the conversation.

Emily shook her head.

"Well...I'm sorry."

Misty narrowed her eyes, "Are you making fun of me?"

"No!" Natalie shook her head.

"But you never say you're sorry." Misty stated, still suspicious.

"I know."

"So why are you apologizing?" Misty questioned.