Chapter 24: The Cabin

Dylan's POV - Wednesday November 2nd 2022: 

It had been a couple days since we arrived at the cabin, everyone seemed settled for the most part. Once everyone had found out about Ivy's pregnancy all the plans immediately changed. Instead of everyone else going back to the castle, they had decided to stay at the cabin as well. Ivy's parents wanted their daughter to have as much protection as possible. Luckily the cabin was quite huge, a lot bigger than I was picturing anyway. The cabin had 8 bedrooms each with their own ensuite bathroom. The main floor had a huge open concept kitchen and living room. It was decked out with chef grade appliances and the fridge was filled to the brim with food. There was a lake not too far from the cabin. However our parents had banned us from leaving the house currently. They didn't want to risk anyone seeing us wander through the woods. 

So far the cabin had been really relaxing. It was probably the most relaxed I've felt in weeks. With school and football out of the mix my brain felt like it could breath a little easier. With the news of Ivy's pregnancy came a different type of stress. I felt like I had suddenly become a helicopter parent. Constantly helping Ivy with every little thing. Ivy however constantly reminded me that she was more than capable of doing things herself. I just couldn't help myself it was like something was triggered inside of me when I found out about our little bean. 

"Dill seriously you need to give me some space" Ivy said her arms crossed tightly against her chest as I carried her into the living room. 

"How much space?" I asked with a coy smile. 

"How about you just go spend time with Aria and Alex. I'm sure they are missing you." Ivy said as she stretched across the couch. 

"I'll come check on you in an hour?"

"I'll come to you because as I've reminded you a million times I do have legs." Ivy rolled her eyes at me. I couldn't help but chuckle at her.

"Fiiiiiine I'll give you your space" I said dramatically. 

"Thank you, now off you go." Ivy said waving me off.

I gave her a quick kiss before leaving the room. I wandered through the large cabin searching for my mates. Aria and Alex were most likely in the sun room, since it was the closest to outside we could get. The room actually had a gorgeous view of the lake. It was the only room other than our bedroom that had a decent view of the lake. My mates and I had watched the sunset from there both days we had been here.  When I entered the sunroom both Aria and Alex were on the couch. Aria was sitting crossed legged with her nose stuck in a book. Where as Alex was laying down with her head resting on Aria's thigh. She was scrolling through her phone, probably surfing through social media. 

"Hey!" Aria said as she noticed me entering the room. 

"Where's Ivy?" Alex frowned as she sat up.

"She said I needed to give her some space" I said rolling my eyes.

Both Aria and Alex burst into a fit of laughter. Not only had Ivy told me to given her space but Alex and Aria had both told me to as well. 

"I so told you that you were hovering over her too much" Aria said with a smug look on her face. 

"We both told her that, but in typical Dylan fashion she didn't listen" Alex said as she winked at me. 

"I just don't get how everyone is so laidback about this" I sighed taking a seat in between them. 

"I don't know it's still so early that it doesn't feel real yet I guess" Aria said with a shrug. 

"Yeah I mean she's not even showing yet" Alex said resting a hand on my thigh.