Chapter 45: Shattered

Charlie's POV - Monday May 1st 2023:

Harley and I had spent all day trying to sort everything out at the castle. We were hoping to move everyone within the next couple days. Unfortunately there was a slight set back with the transportation. We needed to make sure all the vehicles were as secure as possible. There was no way I'd take any chances especially with our grand daughter in the mix. Now that Astrid was awake I felt more confident that we could protect our grand daughter as well as our daughters.

"Your daughter is about to knock on the door" Harley said as she exhaled a large breath. 

"You know your sense of smell is very impressive" I mused as I walked towards the door. 

Gabriela had charmed each room so that everyone had privacy. Well she charmed the rooms after everyone had to listen to my daughter and her mates. I had assumed that was the reason why Gabriela had charmed all the rooms. The charms prevented magical beings from hearing or smelling anything within the room. However the charms seemed to muffle sounds and smells while inside the room as well. Someone had to basically be outside the door for me to hear or smell them. The charms didn't seem to prevent Harley or Dylan from hearing/smelling everything within the house. 

"Mum?" Aria called out just as I began to turn the handle. 

"Sweetheart what are you doing here at this hour?" I asked as I glanced down at my watch, it was already 10pm.

"I needed to talk to you about something" Aria said as she chewed her bottom lip. 

"I'll leave you two to chat" Harley said causing Aria to jump.

"I didn't see you there Harley. You don't have to leave though, your going to find out anyway." Aria sighed looking down at her hands. 

"What's wrong darling?" 

I had never seen my daughter so nervous about something before. Normally she was confident and outgoing, but now she looked as though she wanted to hide. Seeing her like this brought out my overly protective side. 

"Something happened..." Aria trailed off as her eyes stayed locked on the floor. 

"Aria what's going on? You're starting to worry me." I said as I tilted her chin up to look at me. 

"I'm pregnant" Aria mumbled so low that I almost didn't catch it. 

I took a moment to process what she just said. The reality of the words didn't seem to hit me right away. Harley however had no problem breaking the silence. 

"Can't you four keep it in your pants" Harley sighed as she rubbed her temples. 

"First off shut up Harley, secondly congratulations sweetheart and lastly I thought you and Alex were going to try next." 

"We still are none of them know that I am pregnant yet. I wanted to talk to you first." 

"Why'd you want to talk to me first I thought you wanted a baby" I said with a raised brow. 

"I do I still do I guess the reality of it is just hitting me now. Which is kind of making me freak out slightly." Aria said as she nervously chewed her lip. 

"Dylan has the most aggressive swimmers ever. I'm surprised Alex isn't pregnant yet." Harley exclaimed. 

"You know you really aren't helping right now. Plus you love your grand daughter so I don't know why you are so uptight right now." I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her. 

"Of course I love my grand daughter, doesn't mean I didn't want to rip Dylan's dick off when I found out Ivy was pregnant." Harley said with her arms crossed against her chest.