Seventeen. Exposition

He gets up awkwardly and looks around. He doesn't remember at what point he fell asleep, but at least not that in a position that would leave him wanting to go back to sleep for a week. He thunders his neck and looks at his surroundings. His room is just as messy as it was yesterday.

Just like how he got it when-.

"Good morning, sweetheart. I took the time to go buy something for you." Jimin enters the room with a tray in hand, on it, several types of breads with various fillings. Clearly, purchased from some bakery.

The one about two blocks from here, Jungkook can bet. Jimin leaves it on the bed and sits flirtatiously, blinking repeatedly and animatedly at the policeman who analyzes him warily. He is back to his usual self. He takes one of the croissants and bites into it. Jimin eats a brownie and Jungkook wonders if part of the modifications he has, make him resistant to having a shitty scheme for meals.

"What happened yesterday?"

"Other than you falling asleep?" jokes Jimin and smacks his lips, thus removing the small crumbs left behind. Jungkook stretches his lips and gives him a dirty look.

"When I came you were a mess What happened?" Jimin says nothing, he keeps his calm and smug gesture, smiling. "You left this here for me" He taps his cheekbone, where the cut already scabbed over, but might scar. It was pretty deep. "And you were fighting everything around you. You didn't want me to touch you- there was something going on and you have to tell me what it was."

Jimin gives a snort and drops suddenly to the bed, pouting his lips.

"I don't like to talk about it. It's ugly. I don't like it."

Jungkook lies down in the same position, managing to see him like this from the front. Jimin laughs, finding it very silly. He hopes the food doesn't fall off, he spent money on that.

"Tell me." Jungkook insists and Jimin pretends to be sad that he's bothering with that.

"What a gossip you are, Jungkook."

"I'm not "honey" anymore?" Jungkook questions with a sly, teasing smile. Jimin laughs and shakes his head.

"Not if you make me upset. I don't like to talk about it. It's very annoying" Jimin explains vaguely and Jungkook shrugs his shoulders. "Why do you want to know, do you care about me?"

"I care about you."

Jimin sighs, amused.

"Then you do care about me a lot" Jimin corrects by laying on his back, curving his back to stretch. Assimilating so much like a cat he looks ridiculous. Jungkook waits for him to get on as he sees fit. It's always like this: if he's not comfortable, he won't talk or they won't do anything. That's what he's learned from him. "I don't know what his name is. Moonie said I have a brain disorder, so it's pretty horrible to deal with unless it's with the fixes he made for me."

"He didn't give you a name for the disease you have?" Jimin shrugs.

"He doesn't. He's not a psychologist, he's a chemist, economist, public relations, technician, engineer, administrator and many other things I can't say because he gets annoyed with me." his ramblings turn out to be more functional than expected, "but it's something about attention, being obsessive and... I don't remember the last thing, just that I can't look anyone in the face."

"Autism." concludes Jungkook and Jimin doesn't think much of it.

"When I'm like this, when everything is working right, I can see lights, the real world" Jimin replies with a huge smile, his big, bright eyes dilating. "No one can do that. They only see a dark, flat, boring, worthless world" He sits up suddenly and reaches out his hand towards what looks like a flower falling gracefully, little by little, coming from the huge tree in Jungkook's room. It's not real, it's something he visualizes because of the drug in his system, "but I see all its lights, its shapes, its compasses" He takes the flower and then looks at his hand. "The sounds, the differences in others."