Chapter 1

Omniscient

"Sin!" Que called as he entered the house.

"Upstairs!" Sincere shouted back.

Que made his way upstairs where Sincere was. She was in the den, steaming the curtains he'd put up for them yesterday. They'd just moved into their brand new three-bedroom house a few days ago and they were still getting settled.

"Hey." Sincere smiled, placing the steamer down and placing her arms around his neck to give him a hug. He placed his arms around her, giving her a hug and sliding his hands down to her butt and gripping it. He placed a kiss on her lips before pulling away.

"How was work?" Sincere questioned.

"It was good, how was your day?"

"Busy, I've been trying to get this house together."

"It looks good." Sincere had cleared out most of the boxes.

It was currently June and Sincere was tasked with getting the house together since Que was the only one currently working.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"You're welcome, I'm about to go shower."

"Okay, you still going over to granny's with me?" Sincere questioned. Her grandmother had invited them over for dinner.

"You know I'm not missing a meal." He laughed, heading into their bedroom.

Once Que was ready, he and Sincere headed over to her grandmother's house. Tonight, she'd fixed some smothered porkchops and gravy along with some white rice and green beans.

"You fix the best porkchops I've ever had." Que took another bite out of his porkchop.

"Thank you." She smiled. "I made them just for you." Sincere playfully rolled her eyes at her grandmother.

"Don't be jealous." Que teased.

"Shut up, you took my granny."

"No, I didn't." He laughed.

"Yes, you did, you have her cooking porkchops just for you."

"Sunshine, I know you're not jealous." Her grandmother laughed.

"I am." Sincere admitted. "I'm supposed to be your favorite, not him."

"Both of you are my favorite." Que smirked at Sincere as she side eyed her grandmother.

"Okay granny." Sincere mumbled.

When dinner was over Sincere and Que stayed behind to help her grandmother wash the dishes and cleanup. Well, Sincere did Que sat in the living room watching a show on Netflix. While cleaning up, Sincere also got some food for them to take home, they would be eating leftovers tomorrow so she wouldn't have to cook.

"How is everything going with you and Que?" Sincere's grandmother questioned as Sincere wiped down the stove.

"They're going pretty good; marriage hasn't really changed anything." Sincere and Que had only been married for three months and everything was still the same in their relationship.

"That's good." Her grandmother smiled.

"Yeah, how've you been? It seems like this is my first time coming over in a while."

"It's because you haven't." Her grandmother chuckled. "I've been doing good."

"That's good." Sincere went to grab the bag with her and Que's food. "We're going to head on home."

"Alright, I enjoyed y'all."

"We enjoyed you too granny." Sincere embraced her grandmother in a hug.

Once Sincere and Que arrived back home Sincere put away their food then made her way downstairs to Que's man cave. His man cave was in the large room that you came in after exiting the garage and entering the house. They'd decorated it quite nicely. There were framed basketball and football jerseys along the wall, a bar, a reclining couch, and a large tv mounted.