Chapter 7

Omniscient

"Granny!" Sincere sung as she entered her grandmother's house.

"I'm in my room!"

Sincere made her way to her grandmother's room where she was in her chair watching a soap opera. She bent down, giving her grandmother a hug before taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"How are you doing?" Sincere questioned.

"Good, how are you?"

"I'm good, I bought you a sandwich." Sincere spoke, getting up and giving her grandmother the sandwich.

"Thank you, I see you've almost ate yours." Her grandmother joked.

"Yes, I was hungry." Sincere laughed, reclaiming her seat and eating the rest of her sandwhich.

"Mhm, where's my grandson?" Sincere playfully rolled her eyes.

"He's at work. Am I not enough?" Sincere questioned with a smirk on her face.

"I guess." Her grandmother joked.

"You do me so wrong." Sincere laughed.

"You know I'm just joking."

"Mhm."

"How's Que's grandma been doing?" Sincere's grandmother questioned curiously. Sincere sighed before answering. 

"Her health is steadily declining, and Que's been taking it really hard. He started going to therapy." After Que had come home drunk, he'd decided to begin going to therapy. He needed to learn how to cope with his feelings in a healthy way.

"I hate that, but I'm glad he's in therapy now."

"Me too, its helping him open up more. Before I had to push him to let me know what he was feeling."

"That's good, how are your therapy sessions going?"

"They're going to pretty good."

"Have you become more open to having kids?" Her grandmother questioned curiously. 

"I want kids, but not any time soon. I've been taking my birth control every day."

"You better be careful with those pills; they don't always work."

"I know." Sincere sighed. "That's why I wanted the implant, but Que didn't want me to get it."

"Well, I think you did the right thing by not getting the implant."

"I knew you didn't want me to get it, you just wouldn't say it." Sincere laughed.

"Because I didn't want you making a decision based off of my opinion. Sincere sighed, unwrapping her second sandwich.

"You're about to eat another sandwich?"

"Granny I've been stress eating. These past few days I've just been eating, eating, eating. I'm glad I go back to work tomorrow. I need something to keep my mind occupied." 

"You sure you just stress eating?" Her grandmother questioned.

"I'm not pregnant granny." Sincere's period hadn't come this month, but she'd taken a pregnancy test and it was negative.

"Alright, I was just making sure."

"That's the last thing that needs to happen right now." Sincere sighed. "God this sandwich is good."

"You sure you're not pregnant?"

"Yes granny, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative."

"What made you take a test?"