chapter 2.

Ominis and Sebastian made the decision to spend their summer at Hogwarts, both for different reasons. Ominis, having little bond with his family, found solace in the familiar surroundings of the castle. Sebastian, having lost much of his family, didn't feel the pull of returning home, preferring the company of his friend.

Moreover, with Anne's departure from Feldcroft and her reluctance to disclose her whereabouts, Sebastian opted to remain in place, deeming it the most prudent course of action in case Anne reached out to him.

On the other hand, Kali's summer was shaping up to be an exciting adventure. After a lifetime in the bustling city of London, her family decided to make a change and settle in Ottery St. Catchpole, a quaint village southwest of the city. While most children might have baulked at the idea of moving, Kali embraced it with enthusiasm. She saw it as a chance for new experiences and challenges.

Moreover, the prospect of living in a village where the Weasley family resided filled her with excitement. Perhaps, being surrounded by familiar faces and the warmth of a close-knit community would help her feel more at home in her new surroundings.

Ominis offered that he would meet her at the train station, which Kali politely declined at first but he still insisted. They were going to be away from each other for a while and Ominis wasn't going to miss the chance of saying goodbye to his favourite friend– in which the term prompted a dramatic fake hurt from Sebastian.

"Just come, Sebastian, it wouldn't hurt." Ominis offered, adjusting his shirt as he prepared to leave for the station.

"Uh, excuse me? It would hurt me, Ominis." He spat bitterly "Am I supposed to just stand there and watch you say a heartfelt goodbye to her when I can't? No, thank you."

There was a raw edge to Sebastian's voice, his frustration and jealousy bubbling to the surface. He couldn't bear the thought of witnessing Ominis bid farewell to Kali knowing that he couldn't do the same. The idea of being left behind, excluded from their final moments together, filled him with a sense of longing and resentment.

Weeks had passed since Sebastian's last conversation with Kali in the Undercroft, yet the ache in his chest lingered as if it had only happened yesterday. He missed her too much to admit, even to Ominis.

"I'll just be saying my goodbyes, and that's all."

Sebastian scoffed and his frustration was palpable. "Yeah, well, I don't have anyone to say goodbye to, do I? It's just me and you, stuck here at Hogwarts while everyone else moves on with their lives."

Ominis's expression softened. He knew that this is just how Sebastian coped "We'll stop by Hogsmeade after. You can have as much butterbeer as you want." Ominis attempted to persuade Sebastian one last time "On me, okay? What do you say?"

"Ugh, fine." He groaned and got up from his bed. "If you're so eager to take me out on a date, Ominis, you could've just said so."

"Shut up and let's go."

Under the clear azure sky, the path to the Hogsmeade station meandered through lush greenery, flanked by towering trees that swayed gently in the warm breeze. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting dappled shadows on the cobblestone path below.

Despite the picturesque scene, Sebastian's grumbling pierced through the tranquil atmosphere like a discordant note in a symphony. With each step, he muttered under his breath, his complaints echoing off the surrounding landscape.

With his patience wearing extremely thin, Ominis was forced to use a silencing charm on Sebastian.

Oh so this is how it's gonna be, isn't it? Sebastian muttered silently to his blind best friend, a futile attempt to convey his frustration. Ominis, oblivious to what's going on, remained unfazed as Sebastian resorted to expressing his annoyance through a series of ungracious hand gestures for the remainder of the trip. Their unconventional exchange drew a few curious glances from passersby.