chapter 5

As the summer break came to an end, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry began to bustle with life once more, as students from all corners of the wizarding world returned to their beloved school. Excited chatter filled the rooms, mingling with the sounds of trunks being wheeled and owls hooting in the distance. The once-empty corridors were now alive with the sounds of laughter and chatter as friends reunited after the long summer hiatus.

In every corner of the castle, students embraced each other with smiles and hugs, eager to catch up on the adventures and stories they had missed during the break.

The common rooms buzzed with activity as students settled back into their routines, sharing tales of their summer escapades and making plans for the year ahead. Quidditch tryouts were announced, study groups were formed, and the castle felt alive once more.

As Sebastian and Ominis navigated through the throng of students, the brunette couldn't stop groaning and rolling his eyes over the overly-sentimental students he kept passing by. Must they remind him of the pain gnawing at his heart, the pain of not being able to welcome and embrace the one person he'd missed so dearly throughout the summer?

The two buddies were approaching the Great Hall for the start-of-term feast, the aroma of delicious food wafted through the air, enticing them forward. Sebastian scanned the sea of faces, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kali among the crowd. But she was nowhere to be found. Realising that she may not be here yet, he took a seat at his house table along with Ominis.

Minutes passed and the hall filled to the brim with students. Each table buzzed with animated conversation and laughter, but Sebastian's eyes darted nervously towards the grand doorway waiting for a specific someone to come through.

"Relax, would you?" Sebastian's tense posture relaxed slightly as Ominis's annoyed voice broke through his swirling thoughts. "She'll be here."

Sebastian shifted on his seat and lied, "I'm not waiting for anyone."

Ominis scoffed, almost had his food spraying out of his mouth "I am blind, Sebastian, not stupid."

Then, as if on cue, she appeared. Kali, walking through the door with a confident stride that spoke volumes of her resilience. She was beautiful, more so than he remembered, and he couldn't tear his gaze away from her. Her hair, a little longer than before, cascaded in waves around her shoulders, framing her face like a halo.

Sebastian's heart fluttered erratically in his chest, its rhythm akin to a bird desperate to break free from its cage. Every glance, every movement she made only served to fuel the fire burning within him. That's just how much he fucking missed her.

Shortly afterward, Garreth followed closely behind her, slipping his hand into hers. Kali turned, her face brightening with a smile as their eyes met. Sebastian felt a sinking sensation as he witnessed the scene unfold before him.

Garreth pulled Kali closer, and Sebastian's chest tightened as he watched them share a tender kiss. It felt like the ground beneath him had crumbled away, leaving him feeling adrift in a sea of emotions. He watched in silence as they parted ways, each heading to their respective house tables, leaving Sebastian feeling more alone than ever amidst the bustling crowd.

Did he die and reincarnated into a life that he never knew before or something? Because the last time he checked, they've never interacted as much at school, and now all of the sudden they shared a kiss in front of the entire school?

Kali approached their table, warmly embracing Ominis and exchanging words about how much they had missed each other over the summer. However, when her gaze met Sebastian's, she quickly looked away, her eyes darting to the other girls as she made her way to sit with them instead of him and Ominis.