Chapter 13: A cool dip

She got down to the pool. The sun was scorching down. She went over to the sun chairs and lay down.
She eyed Arjun as he walked over to the other side of the pool watching her.
She put her glasses on and started to read. She could feel him staring at her. As she was reading her mind and eyes wondered over to Arjun.
Thank god I brought shaded glasses.
He looked like a god in the sun his blue eyes sparkling like a rare jewel. She enjoyed the fact she could take a good look at him without looking like a creep. She wanted to know more about this person.

She lowered her book and put her glasses on her head. He raised his eyebrows.
"Come over here" she said calling him over.
"I'm good" he shouted back.
While she did enjoy the view she would appreciate it if it was a little closer.
"Get over here sit in the shade" she said sitting up.

She saw the way his eyes wondered to her chest. It wasn't even a second but she noticed. He didn't take his eyes of her while he was walking over to her. She felt a shiver down a spine. He sat next to one of the sun beds next to her.

"Do you need anything, a drink, sn-," he tried to finish his sentence but couldn't before Lahna said
"Let's play a game" she said sitting towards him.
He looked intrigued. "What game"
"I ask a question and you ask a question" she said. "I have no one else to speak to so your my entertainment"
"Ok" he said amused
"Ok what do you for work like your job"
"I'm a personal trainer" he said flexing
God
" what I don't see anything" she said playfully
"My turn" he said "what is you favourite colour"
"Boring, pastel pink" she said
"Do you have a girlfriend" she said. Was it too far. She didn't care it was always good to know.
He smiled at her "No I have a boyfriend" he said
Her face dropped.
"Don't look too disappointed I'm joking I don't have a girlfriend" he said.
Mmmm
"Your turn" she said feeling flushed
"Who's Luke" he asked curiously.
She looked at him, her head tilted. "Brave"
"What can I say I am a bodyguard I have to be" he said pulling his sun chair closer.
Why was her heart beating faster
"Ex-boyfriend he cheated on me like 2-3 weeks ago with my...
She was going to say sister. She was her sister not sharing the same womb but sharing a life.
My cousin" she finished not knowing what else to call her
Could call her a slut
She wanted to move on. She put her glasses back on. She did not want him to see her tear up.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude I just thought he was your boyfriend" he said looking down.
"You happy he's not" she said smiling
"I don't care" he said defensively. "Your life live it with who ever you want"
Ha she thought. "Unfortunately I don't get a choice our lives are written up before we can even speak. We have to marry and learn to love for business never feelings"

Luke might not be wealthy but his parents were. They owned multiple chain restaurants throughout the world. Luke wanted to "rise on his own" without his parents. She respected him for that.

"Must be hard" he said. "Must be hard without a mother" he said looking at her sympathetically.
"What" she said shoving the glasses back on her head.
His face drained. "No no i mean for the emergency contacts you gave your dad and your brother so I thought you know"
"Hahahaha" she laughed. She flipped her hair back with tears in her eyes from laughter.
He looked at her with wide eyes. "I'm so sorry I  didn't mean to offend you I'm so sorry I really am"
"No don't apologise, she's not dead you know what give me my phone" she said pointing at his pocket. He scrambled into his pocket and got out her phone. He gave it her. She went to the contact of her mum. She saw the history. She had, had her phone for 1 year and there was one missed call to her mum from her.
She called her mum and showed it to him. The phone rang and rang and rang. She didn't pick up.
She got a message.
"Read it to me" she said handing him the phone.
"R U K" he read
She rolled her eyes. God her mum was insufferable.
"My mother isn't to bothered about me I mean she is she just isn't emotionally around" she said slumping into her chair.
"Oh I'm sorry"  he said. She didn't know why but there was no sincerity to it.

Before he could say anything she got up turned around took her robe of and threw it on her chair.

"I'm going for a swim, are you coming"