Chapter 8: The null

The pink-haired boy writhed in pain, Itadori was in darkness, this feeling... It was similar to when the boy was Sukuna's vessel, it was a horrible feeling, it wasn't just a physical pain, it was mental too. -  "Guys... Megumi... Choso... Yuta... Maki... I can't.... I can stop.... I can't lose anyone now... I can't lose anyone again .... I... DON'T WANT TO FEEL ALONE AGAIN!" - Itadori screams in despair.

Irisviel was outside the castle together with Maya, the girl who worked with Kiritsugu. Irisviel seemed worried about something. - "Madam. We have to go." - Maya said, going deeper into the forest. Irisviel would continue walking, until she feels another presence. - "Madam?" - Maya repeated.

"I sensed the presence of another intruder. Exactly in the direction we're heading, we'll run into him if we go that way." - said Irisviel. - "Understood. So, we'd better go around to the north side... Madam?" - said Maya. - "The one coming is... Kotomine Kirei." - said Irisviel, Maya seemed surprised.

"K-Kotomine Kirei?" - said Maya. - "Kiritsugu ordered you to protect me, didn't he?" Irisviel asked. - "Yes, but..." - Maya is interrupted. - "But what? We can't allow him to get to Kiritsugu, no matter what we have to do. Is that what you thought?" - said Irisviel.

"Kotomine Kirei probably represents the biggest threat to Kiritsugu. The two of us will have to stop him here. Is that okay Maya?" - said Irisviel. - "I hope you forgive me for saying this, but I ask you to prepare yourself, madam." - Maya said carrying her gun. - "Yes, you don't need to worry about me. If something happens, I will call Itadori here. I simply want him to do his duty. Not what Kiritsugu told him to do, but what you believe is necessary." - said Irisviel smiling.

"What is it, madam?" - asked Maya. - "Nothing, the human heart... It's a mystery, isn't it?" - said Irisviel smiling again.

Inside the forest

A man with a garment similar to that of a priest ran through the black forest, this man was Kotomine Kirei that they talked about so much. When he stopped running, several shots came in his direction. Kirei dodges the bullets, takes a sword from his clothes and throws it in the direction of the shots. The bullets stopped.

It doesn't take long for them to fire again, only this time in another direction, Kirei does the same thing, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect. - "An illusion?" - Kirei said. This time he is hit with several shots and falls to the ground, apparently dead, Maya reveals herself from the shadows and slowly goes towards him.

"Maya, don't do that!" - Maya is stabbed in the leg, Kirei goes to Maya at an absurd speed. The dark-haired girl was shooting, Kirei just covered his arms, which ricocheted the bullets. When Kirei reached Maya, the two exchanged blows with swords and knives.

Maya managed to dodge Kirei's cuts, her knife blade grazed Kirei's sword, she was going to hit Kirei in the face with the knife, but the man dodged the blow. Kirei grabs Maya's wrist, immobilizing her by elbowing her in the chest, then throwing her to the ground and then stepping very hard on her stomach.

Thus making her faint. Irisviel reveals herself to Kirei, seeing that she no longer has a choice in hiding. - "Woman, it may come as a surprise, but I'm not here to eliminate them." - said Kirei. - "I know that very well... I know what you are trying to do. But I certainly won't allow it. You will never be able to reach Emiya Kiritsugu. We will stop you. Right here" - Said Irisviel After pulling a thin blue thread from your chest.

Thin strands of it hung over her body. - "Driving a car wasn't the only thing Kiritsugu taught me. He taught me how to live. And also, how to survive! His form carries life!" - the blue threads come together and form an eagle.

The eagle that was on her shoulder quickly flies towards Kirei who avoids it with some ease. Kirei tries to punch the animal, but it was a trap, the eagle wrapped itself around the man's arms, mobilizing his arms. Even so, Kirei attacks Irisviel.