Chapter 12: New base

Kiritsugu was in an empty room talking on the phone. - "Maya, how is our new base?" - asked Kiritsugu on the phone.

"Tomorrow morning, I'll take Saber, Itadori and Madame there." - Maya said on the phone.

"I understand, I'm counting on you." Kiritsugu said after hanging up the phone. The man got up to look at the photo wall that contained the locations of all the masters.

Kiritsugu looked at Tohsaka's photo. - 'No activity at the Tohsaka house. Tokiomi has locked himself there since the Assassin's attack on the first day. The silence is almost unsettling.' - thought the man.

'Master Matou seems defenseless, an easy target. But... Berserker should probably be left alive due to his strange special ability, to distract Archer and Tohsaka. Maybe Itadori can deal with Archer, since he was able to counter Berserker's attacks.' - thought Kiritsugu looking at Matou's photo.

Kiritsugu looked at the photo of Lord El-Melloi. - 'Lord El-Melloi must be out of the running... But Lancer continues. I need to discover the identity of your new Master as quickly as possible.' - thought the tired man.

'Caster's location remains unknown. But last night, several children disappeared from the city again. They will probably continue their atrocities without holding back.' - thought Kiritsugu.

'Rider always rides with his master in his flying Hougo. Tracking him is difficult. Although he appears generous, he is an extremely dangerous enemy. But, most importantly...-' thought Kiritsugu after remembering Maya's words.

"Can we assume that the Assassin has been completely eliminated this time?" - That was Maya's words that Kiritsugu remembered. - 'In that case, his Master... If his plan was to work with Tohsaka and use Assassin to spy on others, then he shouldn't have taken a single step outside the Fuyuki Church. But that's not what happened. His attack on the Einzbern Forest... Both are inexplicable. The good thing is that Itadori managed to defeat his servant once and for all, maybe I should use him... It would all make sense if he was after me from the beginning. But why? Why chase me?' - thought Kiritsugu after lighting a cigarette.

'Two days ago, there was no way for him to know that I am Saber's master... But with Itadori's unexpected arrival, there would be no way to hide it for long. Kotomine Kirei, who are you?' - thought Kiritsugu looking at Kirei's photo.

The next morning, the quartet drove to their new location. Saber was driving the car, while Irisviel was in the front seat and Itadori was in the back seat. Maya had her own car that guided the trio to their new base.

"How does it feel to drive a car, Saber?" - asked Irisviel.

"It really is a splendid thing to drive. I can't help but wonder what it would have been like if this had existed in my day." - Said Saber driving the car.

"If the Holy Grail is like a magic lamp where you can make various wishes, you could wish for cars to exist in Britain." Itadori said, playing with Saber.

Irisviel couldn't contain herself and started laughing at Itadori's comments, it had been a while since the boy behaved like that. Despite being at war, it wasn't the same as it was in Shibuya or Shinjuku, there was no space for games like that there.

"Irisviel, are you sure I can drive this vehicle? You seemed to enjoy driving it." - said Saber.

'I'm sorry Iri... But please, Saber. Don't ever let that woman drive this car again.' - Itadori thought just remembering that scene.

Fate/Stay Cursed: Cursed In The Holy Grail War | Itadori In Fate/ZeroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara