Chapter 2: Siblings?

Derek smirked, sitting across from her, "What do you think im doing here?" He asked her, biting his bottom lip.

Noticing his guester, she couldn't help but smirk. "Well, I don't see any money..so it's obviously not to pay me back, is it?" She shot right back, her tone playful.

Derek looked up at her, his face flushing with embarrassment . "No, but-" he started, but was cut off by a slam.

He flinched back, his eyes shutting shut as if he just got hit.

She chuckled, looking at him. "You have until next month. I usually give a week, but I like you, Derek. It's just something about you," she explains, and he blushes. Not in embarrassment, though.

He nods, "I came here to tell you I didn't have it. To save you the trouble of trying to find me," he gave a half hearted smile, which she replied to with a nod.

She opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by a swinging door.

"Sissy!" Two childish voices exlaimed.

She gave a small sigh, giving Derek an apologetic look. He nods in understanding, smiling softly at the two kids standing at the door.

"What you two?" She snapped, causing the boy and girl to giggle. "Can't you see I'm busy?"

"We're hungry," the girl says, looking over to Derek.

As if twin telepathy was a thing, the boy spoke. "Who's he?"

Before she could speak, Derek spoke. "I'm Derek," he says, looking at the twins with a glint of adoration in his eyes.

"And you can't tell your nanny because?" She asked, sighing softly.

"She quit," the girl says, still looking at Derek.
"He's cute," she says, making her eyes widen.

"Isabella!" She yells, making Isabella and her twin jump.

"Come on, Bella. Let's ask Chris to fix us some food," Micheal, Isabella's twin huffs.

And with that, the twins exit their bigger sisters office as fast as they entered.

"Sorry, 13 year olds," she chuckles, looking up at Derek once again.

"Figured." He smirked, which caused her to raise an eyebrow.

"What?" She asks, blushing as Derek's shiny teeth shows through his smirk.

"You and your sister got the same taste?" He asks, winking at her.

Taken back, she gasps, blushing more. "Excuse me?" She asks, giving herself some time to recover.

"You heard me," Derek stated, leaning back in the chair.

After recovery, she narrowed her eyes. "Who are you? Derek Rossi?" The way his name rolled of her tongue made him growl lightly. Especially with her Spanish-ish accent.

"Who am I?" He repeated, smirking. "You know who I am," he says, leaning closer to her.

"But, who are you?" He whispered, making her lean forward.

"Im no one important, amar," she says, rolling the word off her tongue as if she was testing the waters. (Love).

This comment made Derek smirk. He took a stand, and brushed the wrinkles out of his dress shirt.

"If you'd excuse me, I'll be leaving," he says, going to the door.

This action made her squint her eyes in confusion. "Excuse me? Who said you could leave?"