Chapter 5

___________________________________________

Katsuki POV

" Your food will get cold with you taking so long " I could hear my mother saying as I walked down the stairs, the cold wooden floor creaking with each step I took.

A strong smell of bacon emanated from the hallway leading to the kitchen where we usually sat to eat. I started walking towards the kitchen, one step at a time.

I felt extremely numb, a bad feeling growing more and more as I approached the place where frying sounds could be heard.

My heart beat at a fast pace, it was like a drum. I was sweating a lot and my legs were shaking.

" Why are you standing there in the hallway like a idiot ? Hurry up, your breakfest is on the table "  my mother said as she poked her head outside where the kitchen was.

I stood there for a good 20 seconds before walking towards the kitchen, anticipation with every step I took.

And there she was.

Mitsuki, my mother was the way she always was.

Normal.

" Eat your breakfast quickly, you don't want to be late on exam days ? " His mother said, her expression was calm, she was sweating a little because of the steam coming out of the frying pan in which she fried eggs and bacon.

I don't think I've ever felt so relieved. Not even after passing the U.A. test. I went to the circular table that was in the same area of the kitchen and behind the living room, the TV was on and I could listen to the news If I paid attention.

I was about to put a piece of bacon in my mouth when I heard it.

" ... The body was found in a civil construction site near Musutafu station. The middle-aged man was found at 5 o'clock by the workers nearby.
wrapped in a plastic bag with a lot of blood around the place. His tongue had been removed as well for his penis and his eyes. Without a doubt, this is one of the most shocking cases this city has ever seen. "

I ignored it and bit off a piece of bacon while breathing more calmly.

It was all a bad dream after all.

"...The name that was written on his ID is Masaru Bakugou."

I was silent for a few seconds, chewing as I listened to the reporter speaking but I quickly froze.

I got up and walked towards the room calmly.

The TV was playing recordings of the police officers around, a large part of the screen was blurred and in the upper right corner was the photo of my...

I felt my legs get weak, I didn't notice when I got on my knees. Hot tears slid down my cheek.

This couldn't be real.

This had to be a dream. A fucking dream.

" Fufu~ "

I heard a giggle.

I turned my face to see those black eyes looking at me again, deep in my soul.

I didn't see where he was, my mind was a mess and I just felt a massive headache until I fell unconscious.

___________________________________________

I was lying on the floor, my head was killing me. It felt like someone was hitting it with a hammer.
I opened my eyes slowly before grimacing at the sunset lighting again.

" Katsuki. it took you so long to wake up that I thought you died. " The male (?) or female voice said, its tone was jovial and carried a certain malice.