|24| talk

Sorry, for late update, actually I was fasting yesterday so I was quite busy in breaking my fast.

I know, I did a bunder, apologies for that, I hope you people would bear with me. Do tell me after reading, if anyone of you, found it difficult to understand that business talk, some complained in comments and I received a few personal messages too, so I made the language a little easier.
And I have changed a few things too, Thank you, for your honest opinion.

Please, forget that, I ever wrote something like that, as you know I'm still learning.

FollowMeehira__writes❤️

Dedicationindokor Thank you.

Happy Reading!!
____________________________________

After tucking Aadarsh into bed, indulging in a brief, soothing bath, and changing into fresh attire. I lay on the bed, pondering, contemplating, considering whether to call her.

Aware of her early rising habits, I hesitated, fearing she might be asleep, and I didn't want to disturb her. Retrieving my phone from the bedside table, I checked her last seen status on the messaging app, which indicated 11:33 pm. With the current time being 11:59 pm, I decided to take a chance and dialed her number.

To my delight, she answered on the third ring.

"I thought you might be asleep," I said as she answered the call.

"No, I'm awake," she replied in a monotone voice.

"Why so? Does it have anything to do with the absence of the person who usually sleeps beside you?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Have you had dinner?" she asked, deflecting the conversation smoothly, though I noticed.

"You know, it's okay to admit that you miss me. There's nothing wrong with missing your partner," I said, sidestepping her question about dinner. Of course, I had eaten. It's midnight, after all.

"I...I..." she faltered, unable to find her words, and I didn't push her.

"I had dinner a few hours ago, after the meeting ended. Then we went to the club, where I spent my time scrolling through my phone," I explained, recalling the tedious time I had at the club.

"We?" she asked, immediately pouncing on the mention of company.

"We means Aadarsh and I," I clarified, halting the horses of her overthinking.

"So, you went to the club but still didn't drink," she asked, breaking the momentary pause in our conversation. Her effort to keep the conversation going was both strange and comforting.

"I tend to avoid alcohol when I'm out, especially with family. But Aadarsh was definitely indulging," I explained, remembering his tipsy chatter.

"You'd be amused to hear what he was saying," I added.

"What was it?" she inquired eagerly.

"He mentioned that you're quite similar to me, and that he loves you, but he loves me more," I revealed, expecting her reaction.

Her giggling filled the silence, and I could almost picture the expression on her face.

"You shouldn't have told me that. Now every time I see him, I'll remember those words," she said, suppressing her laughter.

"Well, you should tell him I love him more," she added.

"Nidhi, may I ask you something?" I inquired, eager to finally get an answer to the question that had been weighing on my mind for the past few days.