11

Y/n

"Let's go already!... Ouch!" 

Daichi bonked Hinata on the head to shut him up. The day for the Aoba Johsai match has finally come. "Finally I won't have to listen to Hinata ramble on and on about how excited he is," you said as you hauled the last of the bags into the bus. Kiyoko chuckled as she replied, "But then you'd have to listen to him ramble about the match after it ends still no?" You grumbled, muttering a string of curses. That made Kiyoko laugh harder, which caught the attention of Tanaka. "KIYOKO'S SMILE! A GOOD LUCK SENT BY GOD FOR OUR MATCH!"

You slipped away from Kiyoko, mouthing a good luck before boarding the bus. It was a small bus but it had just enough seats for everyone. Your eyes skimmed the interior of the bus before settling on an empty seat at the aisle. Lucky. There was another seat in the front row next to Takeda sensei but you left it for Kiyoko. You plopped down into your seat before a voice you've learned to hate spoke. "What are you doing?"

You looked to your side to see an annoyed Tsukishima. " Annoyed this early in the day? It's not good for your heart you know," you faked concern. He huffed and looked away. "Oh? Did Yamaguchi ditch you for..." Your eyes landed on Yamaguchi sitting by the aisle next to— 

"Kageyama? No wonder it was so quiet when I boarded the bus." You heard the blonde sigh. "It wasn't just now. Daichi split them up." You saw Hinata giving Kageyama a weird face but before he could yell, Yamaguchi had capped his mouth with his hand. You giggled, " And gave him the role of babysitting."

The ride to Aoba Johsai was an estimated 30 minute drive. You had planned to sleep the whole way since you had to wake up early. But you were stuck with that beanpole, who was very inclined to make sure you don't get a wink of sleep. He clicked his tongue. "Do you wash your clothes?" You snapped towards him, "What?" He pointed to a beige patch at the back of your shirt. You tried to tug your shirt to see it. "What? Where?"

Click. The sound of a camera shutter made you whipped towards him. "Here." Tsukishima handed you his phone. You looked at the image and paused. You forced a smile on your face. "Ahh, I must've leaned on something dirty." Tsukishima gave you a long look before clicking his tongue. You both didn't speak for a good minute before he said, "So...Kageyama's cute huh?"

You whipped your head towards him and cringed, "This again?" He smirked. Oh if only he knew how much I'd pay to wipe that annoying smirk off his face. You thought. "You're just jealous aren't you." His face contorted into disgust. "Ew. I don't want your attention." 

"Yea but you'd like to devour me." you retorted, a volume louder. Tsukishima's face turned a shade of red and was one of alarm. "Are you crazy? What if someone heard that?" 

"Then let them know how much you crave for me," you teased, volume not backing down. "That was a mistake. Unless..." He leaned towards you and you cringed away. He leaned further and closed the distance between your faces. You couldn't help but glance at his lips. They look soft— "What are you thinking about?"

Your eyes snap back up to glare at his. His wore an expression as if saying he won this round. But you didn't fail to note how his eyes had darkened with lust. "Fuck off will you?" you said as you shoved him away. "It's not that hard to admit your attraction towards me is it? I mean if I were you I'd understand," he said as he weaved his fingers through his hair. "I'm tall, smart and probably what all parents would like their child to be. How can you not fall for me?"

I want to strangle him with my bare hands. You thought. You gaged at his narcissistic claim. "A lamp post is a lamp post. Just because it knows when to on it's light and shut it doesn't make it any different." You smirked and leaned towards him. "And if I was a parent, I'd kill myself if I have you as my child."

He leaned forward, not backing down and inch. "If you were my parent, I'd have killed in the process of entering this world."

"Will you two SHUT UP!" You both flinched at your captain's voice. You both muttered an apology before facing in front. Once you confirmed you weren't on Daichi's radar anymore, you hissed at him. "I wouldn't save you if you drowned."

"I'd gladly watch you get run over," Tsukishima hissed back.

You both continued bickering in hushed tones. You both may want to kill each other but you both definitely didn't want to get killed by your captain. 

Ϫ

Tsukishima

Leaned on something? She didn't even have time to wear her socks this morning. There's no way she could be lounging at some dump. He thought. He didn't depict her as a liar. But if this was what she's claiming it to be then he'll roll with it. It's not my business anyway. He thought. 

He bickered with Y/n the whole journey. At some point he thought about strangling her too. Gosh she makes me so mad. There was just something about her that twisted his guts and pushing him to a different level of anger that no one has ever done. They both got told to shut up by Daichi somewhere in the middle but they continued to fight in whispers after. 

The bus turned into the school and Takeda sensei announced their arrival. They were forced to put their fight on pause with all the noise cranking up from the excitement. But mainly from Hinata and Kageyama. Yamaguchi was slumped at his seat, clearly giving up babysitting. 

He let his mind wander back to Y/n's face when she saw the picture. He noted how her eyes widened and dulled. Yet it was back to normal in a flash. It's definitely not an ordinary stain. He thought. He didn't like that expression and unconsciously tried to divert her attention by fighting it seems. Something about that stain was nagging at him, even as he fought with her. And only till they boarded off the bus did he realize why. 

It was the exact same color as her skin tone. 

Word count: 784