CHAPTER : 8

⚠️WARNING⚠️

As I struggled to piece together my surroundings through the fog of confusion, the chilling reality of my predicament began to sink in. The icy floor beneath me sent shivers coursing through my battered body, each bruise a painful reminder of the ordeal I had endured.

The air was thick with an unfamiliar scent, a strange amalgamation of dirt and metal that clawed at my senses. Despite my foggy recollection, a sense of dread crept over me as the memory of that smell began to surface from the depths of my mind.

I was in a freezer, surrounded by cold steel walls that seemed to close in on me with every passing moment. Panic surged within me as I realized the gravity of my situation. How had I ended up here? Who had done this to me?

With a racing heart and a mind clouded by fear, I knew that escaping this frozen prison would be my only chance at survival.

As I stumbled back in shock, my eyes fixated on the gruesome scene before me. The man's body lay sprawled behind the transparent plastic curtains, his t-shirt soaked crimson with blood. Despite the chilling air of the freezer, a sickening warmth radiated from the pool of blood that surrounded him, mingling with the metallic tang that filled the air.

His chest rose and fell in shallow breaths, each one a painful reminder of his fragile hold on life. The sight of his naked lower half, marred by brutal stab wounds, sent a wave of nausea crashing over me.

For a moment, I was frozen in place, my mind reeling with disbelief and horror. Who could have done this? And why?

As the reality of the situation sank in, I knew that I had to act quickly. Every instinct screamed at me to flee, to escape the nightmare unfolding before me. But a voice in the back of my mind urged me to stay, to find a way to help this man before it was too late.

As fear and confusion gripped me, my mind raced with a whirlwind of unanswered questions. Who was responsible for this gruesome scene? Why had they targeted me? And most chillingly, was I next?

The memory of my encounter with Wooyoung flashed through my mind, a fleeting moment of safety in the midst of chaos. But even as I clung to that memory, doubts crept in. Could he have been involved somehow? No, it didn't make sense. He had helped me get home safely, hadn't he?

But then, another possibility loomed in my mind, one that filled me with a cold dread. Rose had mentioned Belladonna, the deadly serial killer rumored to haunt the nightshade. Could it be true? Had I stumbled into her path unwittingly?

With each passing moment, the weight of uncertainty bore down on me, threatening to suffocate me in its grip. But amidst the fear and confusion, one thing remained clear: I had to find a way out of this nightmare, before it consumed me whole.