CHAPTER : 12

As excited as I was when Wooyoung called to invite my family for dinner at his house, now I can't shake off the nervousness. He mentioned that his mother asked about the person saved as "darling" in his contacts, which turned out to be me. Strangely, knowing he saved my name like that makes me happy, stirring up feelings I can't quite explain.

Despite my mixed emotions, I arrived at his house. Wooyoung's mother greeted us warmly at the door, despite my limited interactions with her in the past. She's always been kind, usually just asking about my studies. Being a single parent must be incredibly tough, but she's been there for Wooyoung every step of the way since his father passed away when he was young. I have a deep respect for her strength and dedication to her son.

Wooyoung's home boasted a modern design, starting with a garden to the right upon entering the main gate, bursting with vibrant flowers and lush vegetables meticulously cared for by his mother. Through the door adjacent to the parking area, we stepped into a foyer adorned with shiny marbles flooring. The TV lounge greeted us with its expansive layout, illuminated by an exquisite lamp chandelier. The color scheme, a captivating fusion of dark blue and light grey, immediately caught my eye. A glass table adorned with antique ornaments served as the centerpiece amidst the plush sofas. To the left, a lobby led to the dining area, with a separate entrance to the kitchen adjacent, while stairs beckoned on the left-hand side. Upstairs housed Wooyoung and his mother's rooms, completing the elegant interior of his residence, which left a lasting impression on me.

As we settled into the lounge, Wooyoung's mother excused herself to fetch Wooyoung while my mother seized the opportunity to remind me to sit properly and engage in conversation, as she often felt I became withdrawn at social gatherings.

Upon her return, Wooyoung's mother gracefully resumed conversation with my parents. Shortly after, Wooyoung joined us, warmly greeting my family. The sight of Wooyoung left me breathless. Dressed in a sleek black button-up shirt neatly tucked into matching slacks, his rolled-up sleeves revealed his muscular, veiny arms, a sight that always captivated me. His left wrist adorned with a watch added a touch of sophistication to his ensemble. With his hair cascading effortlessly over his eyes, he exuded an undeniable charm. It was as if he had effortlessly mastered the art of looking effortlessly stylish in black, accentuating his already striking appearance.

After exchanging greetings with everyone, Wooyoung approached me, extending his hand in a friendly gesture. Caught up in admiring him once again, I quickly snapped back to reality and shook his hand with a smile. However, he seemed to have caught on to my momentary distraction, cheekily winking at me before settling down beside me, despite the limited space on the sofa.

"We're matching today," he remarked.

"Indeed, we are," I replied.

"You pull off black quite well," I complimented him.

"Thank you, you're looking quite dashing yourself,"
he returned the compliment.

"Wooyoung..."

I trailed off, feeling a mix of amusement and embarrassment at his playful banter.

As we gathered around the dinner table at Wooyoung's mother's call, I found myself once again seated next to Wooyoung. Delicious aromas wafted through the air as we indulged in the feast prepared by Wooyoung's talented mother. However, it was the japchae that stood out, unmistakably crafted by Wooyoung himself.

Midway through the meal, I felt a sudden grasp on my left hand beneath the table, causing me to choke on my food. Wooyoung's mother swiftly handed me a glass of water, offering reassurance. Despite the presence of my entire family, Wooyoung seemed undeterred, maintaining a firm grip on my hand. Despite my attempts to free myself, he only tightened his hold, sending my heart racing and my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

BELLADONNA  | Wooyoungजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें