Part 4

"That's a sprain, Anirudh. I've bandaged her leg for now, and it should start to get better in a couple of days. Plenty of rest until then"

The words Dr. Sengupta was saying washed over her as she closed her eyes, but her mind, her mind was far away.

Ever since she had fainted, sir ji hadn't left her side, apart from the 2 minutes he took to get his phone to call the Dr, and to let the Dr in.

What had happened just before he had left her room to get his phone was still fresh in her mind, her chin still tingling from his touch.

And she hated herself for that!

"You.are.not.a.maid" he had told her and the look in his eyes made her want to believe what he had said. A little. Somewhere deep down.

And she hated herself for that even more.

Because she was being utterly, incredibly stupid and complicating everything.

She had accepted that she was a maid. She had accepted her fate. The insults. The hatred.

The hatred.

" I'll come back to check on her tomorrow evening"

Did that mean the Dr thought she'd be better by then. Phew, she could stop being a burden and start doing her work.

"Until then, no walking"

Her eyes flew open at that "N-No walking, Dr?"

As her voice rang out, both the men turned to look at her, one looking apologetic and other looking stern - she was only looking at one man, she didn't even need to look at the other to read the expression on his face.

"Yes, beta" the Dr said, nodding his head apologetically, "you need atleast a couple of days rest. Minimum"

"That's ok, Dr, I'll ensure Jhanak - "

"But-but, I - I can't rest. I  - " she stammered

"Yes, you can. And you will"

And that ended the discussion. Because with one look at sir ji's determined face she knew that no matter how hard she tried, he would not leave her side.

Especially when she was alone, and needed help.

Especially when she was alone!

The panic rose within her as she realised what that meant. She was alone in the Bose house for the next 2 days and she couldn't walk - that meant she was dependent on sir ji for even the basic stuff - just no freaking way!

"Dr. Sengupta, give me medicines. Painkillers. Kuch toh Hoga. I can't be in bed like this for 2 days" she tried again desperately.

At her delirious rant, Dr.Sengupta shared a look with sir ji and he just nodded back, before asking, "how early can the nurse be here, Dr?!"

Nurse? The relief that washed over her soothed her instantly, and it took immense strength to not heave a sigh of relief very loudly.

If sir ji was going to get a nurse to take care of her, then it would not be as bad - she would still be pulled up for him helping her, but that wasn't new.

"Monday morning"

"MONDAY?"

She was shot a look that said "please keep quiet". And she promptly sent a look right back which screamed, "no way"

"Dr. Sengupta, Aap try kijiye na - aaj Friday hai, and I - "

"Arrey beta, why are you worried, Anirudh hai na yahaan, he can help you get around"