003. Lurking

I walked back to my guest chambers with Luke, Jake staying back with Duke Leto and Gurney to discuss the impressions of their stay yet. I excused myself, wanting to rest after all of todays occurences and regather my emotions to be rested for tomorrows meetings. Luke offered to take me as he too wanted to gather his thoughts first.

We were walking alone in the halls to the guest chambers. The castles ceilings were huge and columns decorated our way. It had an ancient feel to it, a cold one. Our steps echoing through the maze of stone walls. Believing noone was near i tried starting a conversation with Luke, knowing it would propably fail, but a girl can try.

"You think we're getting out of here alive?" I asked half joking. "Not if you keep on showing your distain on your face" he burted out. Oh, well this was a turn of events, normally he would have nodded or said three words, even if it was a hit at me, at least we wouldnt have to walk in awkward silence again. "I surely wasn't that obvious to them, i can hide my feelings very well thank you"

"Well obviously you can't", he butted in, "if you keep acting like that tomorrow you'll be dead in no time" Now you stopped in your tracks. Why was he so rude? "Well then thank you for telling me, truly, but you don't have to be such a dick about it. I just really haven't seen such things before. With the servant? I nearly threw up, I'll try- no- I will do my best tomorrow."

"Yeah, let's hope" he spoke annoyed.

"Hey, what's wrong with you, I said I'll do better"

"You're putting yourself in great danger by being here, you are not ready for this kind of a mission", that startled me. "Mission?" I asked perplexed. He rubbed his hand over his face in frustration "Look. I already said too much, just do better tomorrow and everything will be fine, good night" it seems like we were standing in front of his chambers. With a few strides and the closing of the door he was gone in no time.

Dumbfounded I stood in the hall staring at the wall. Mission? Yes, the negotiations, their -goal- was to make a peace treaty with the Harkonnens, but that wasn't some kind of secret mission but a wish. What weren't they telling me? For what was this a cover up then? My brain was buzzing, this was all too much for one day.

I continued to walk, after a few meters realizing I had no idea where I was going. Everything looked the same, was this even the right direction or did I turn around? I had no idea. I didnt even know where Lukes chamber was again and randomly knocking on Harkonnens doors wasn't really my thing. I let out a long sigh and pulled my fingers trough my hair, I always did when I started to panick. I couldnt sleep in the halls, what if some cruel guard came by and took advantage of me? Not unlikely with how they treated women on Giedi Prime.

Where was my maid, why didn't I go back with her?

My breathing started to get heavier, heart beating faster. Oh, yes, a panick attack, perfect. I started to try and breath slowly, hurrying to a wall and sitting down to close my eyes and just breathe. I would figure something out. Opening my eyes I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Feyd-Rautha merely inches away from my face looking down at me. Watching. Face void of any emotion.

I was shocked but i now had to supress all my emotions. I didn't have time for this. I stood up with determination, but still a little shaky.

"I'm sorry Na-Baron, i should introduce myself, I am Olivia Jones, represantor of the house Atreides, it is a great pleasure to meet you. You're fight was amazing I have never seen anything like it, also i wish you a happy birthday in the name of the house Atreides", you introduced yourself bowing your head a little.

He nodded slightly. "Why were you on the floor?" he asked, a little disdain in his voice.

I quickly thought of something that was the truth because I really needed help and he was the only one around but would still be respectful to his home.

"Oh- you have such a beautiful castle, but it is just as big and after wandering around for a bit I couldn't find my chambers anymore..." I trailed of, hoping he wouldn't just view me as a weekling now, after he has surely seen my previous state.

He smirked a little at my words, but I didn t know if it was because of my continuously slimy words or how dumb he thought I must be now and still be a diplomat to a respected house, either way, I felt embarrassed at my after all not so thought through words. He didn't seem like the type to care about a materilistic things like a castle. Maybe weapons and nice clothing. But I couldn't read him, which I normally did so well.

He looked me up and down slowly, giving me a moment to take in his appearance as well. He must be residing to his chambers as well, just coming out of the fight, blood still staining his arms but he changed into a different black fitted leather attire. He looked huge up close. Now feeling intimidated by him and his intense stare you were increasingly self concious. You just wanted to ask him why he wasn't at the after celebrations but he beat you to it.

"I will send you a maid if I see one" and with that he was walking away.

If he sees one, how gentlemen like. But still better than nothing. I'd rather not test my luck and go after him, i will just stay here, taking what he gives me and wait on the floor, hoping a maid will come and fetch me. I wasn't normally this submissive, but i was in a very vulnerable state right now. Sometimes you got to know when to lay low.

Sitting on the cold floor you started to shiver, when something hit you. How much of your previous conversation could he have heard? Surely not anything right?

---------------------

I couldn't sleep so i continued writing. Hope you like it!!

Don't forget to vote if you like it, i'd appreciate it very much <3