Day in a Life

Dear diary, today wasn't that pleasant, it was raining once again so I had to stay home all day. I have to milk the cows today though, so I can only be outdoors for a while. Nothing remarkable has happened today so I must stop writing and get going before mother gets angry with me. -Annie Jane Bonnet - April 13th 1884

I had woken up from my deep sleep and started to write in my diary, I then went downstairs into the entrance area to grab my cloak, boots and hat, to avoid getting drenched or maybe worse, getting sick. Mother would not like it if I was sick. If I was, I would be useless, I wouldn't have been able to take care of my siblings and finish the daily chores. After getting my essentials I walk towards the farm, I enter the barn filled with the cows, huh... where's the silver bucket? I thought to myself, oh geez I had realized I had left it at my relatives place due to the fact I had let them borrow it. I had to go there. I hope my siblings won't cause any trouble. As I was walking there I saw someone in the distance.

As I saw them they quickly ran away as we made eye contact for around 5 seconds. They looked like a boy of some sorts, maybe I should stop thinking about this and go to my uncle's house already. Walking down the dirt road that might as well be mud now, I walk up to his door then I give exactly 3 knocks, knock, knock, knock, he didn't answer, so I had knocked another 3 times knock, knock, knock, once again no answer, I had already given up and just walked back to my home. Sigh no milk for today I guess.

April 14th 1994 - Sarah Watkins

Hey computer, I would write in a diary but that sounds way too old so I convinced my mom to let me borrow her computer. It's an amazing way, anyway I'm about to go to my grandma's house, it's in this really old looking neighbourhood anyway I'm gonna continue this later— Hey computer! I'm back! Mom changed her mind about me going to grands house, but I saw a girl, she was dressed kinda weird... she had this blue and white dress covering her knees, must have strict parents for the skirt length huh?, anyway she had these worn out looking boots and a weird looking straw hat? That's weird, maybe people in these parts never advanced, clothing wise, anyway my time is almost up with the computer gotta go! Peace!

Edited - 5 minutes ago

I woke up today tired, thank God there was no school today I would've been a zombie if I went to school today, it was raining, "aw man" I said to myself I wanted to go to my friend Katherines house today, she had just bought a new game and I wanted to play it with her today because mom never lets me buy new games anymore ever since my little sister was born, they kept going on and on "we gotta save money" I say mockingly to myself, I was playing with the new figures my aunt bought me as a birthday gift.

After a while of playing with the action figures, I had decided to go down stairs into my living room because I wanted to watch some TV. I watched for a couple of hours till I heard a knock on the door. The keys jingle and the front door starts to open. It was my mom who had just come back with the groceries, "hey sweetie I'm home, can you help me with the groceries" she asks me, I get off the couch and start heading towards the kitchen, I grab one of the grocery bags, opened the fridge door and start putting away the food. After that mom tells me to go to the car because we're gonna pick up my little sis from daycare.

I started to walk out, following my mom to the garage, we got into the family car and started heading to the daycare, as mom was focusing on more important things like the road I was staring out the window kinda zoned out as we passed all the wooden houses in different colours. As we arrived mom parked the car then we both got out, we opened the doors and found my little sister playing with other kids, mom had told her to stop and that we were going home now, this time she actually listened thank goodness for that, if you would've thrown a tantrum again I would've gotten a headache.

Two Worlds, One Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें