PART 14 - EPILOGUE: CHILD OF THE TWO GODS

Epilogue:  Child of the Two Gods

The sun rose high in the sky and Devika was tending to her little ones, the Petallers. New spores that were maturing. She had discovered that her magic was creating new life. Little flower beings that she just adored. Their tiny bodies were green and small like the stems of flowers and leaves. Where the petals were now cute and adorable little faces. She called them Petallers.

The first ones to be born arrived over a decade ago so she had to create for them a place to live away from the Zelowalli as well as the Other Landers who washed up on the shores of her land and made their homes. Creatures from the Savage Lander like Ferdinand were allowed to thrive and live there. As long as they respected the nature and promised to keep her laws.

Though, the Other Landers who carried their Diviners were driven off, centuries ago, many tried to come back but that wasn't a problem as long as the Sea Goddess made their journeys are living hell. Something she agreed with.

No one deserved to live on her land. If her people wish to leave, she offered them her blessings but she would not be able to protect them. They understood. Her power didn't extend that far.

Not that she ever bothered to try. She was a born Zelowalli and her home was on her land. Those that stayed, she would protect them for generations. Be the monster needed to tear the other landers apart.

She smiled from her throne, listening to the chatter of the Petallers and soaking in the sun. One of the orange blossoms Petallers was telling her about how the others had made a few homes for the new generation. This orange Petaller was ready to even take a new young Petaller in and raise it.

"I am so proud of you my little one," Devika gushed, "I'll bet you'll make a wonderful guardian."

The Petaller cooed and Devika looked up over to the pond. It was the center of her new home. The new spores were growing the left side, and they were glowing in multi- colors that never ceased to dazzle her even after all these years.

When the pond started to light up, she put down the Petaller as everyone raced to be closer to the spores. The babies were going to be born now. Devika smoothed down her dress and stood from her throne. She didn't need to use her magic today. She just needed to watch from a distance.

A moment not too soon, the spores opened and in a shower of multi-colored dust, new baby Petals floated down from floating leaves, tucked inside green leaves that looked like blankets. The Petallers cheered and jumped to catch the new generation.

Her tree guardians slammed their wooden spears onto the forest floor in cheer.

Devika's smile grew wider. Another generation was safely brought into her world.

She kept an eye out for the young orange Petaller. She was smiling down at a new young pink rose. It was so adorable.

"Blessed be, "Devika whispered.

Her little citizens turned to her and brought up their babies. All new guardians in front of the group. Smiling and cradling them very gently. Devika changed her dress into a green tunic and dark green breeches. She kneeled before them and clasped her hands. Gathering her magic, she slowly opened her palms and washed them with a sprinkle of green and red magic.

A blessing on the new families.

They all cheered and excited chattering began. Most of them turned to show off the new offspring to the others as Devika smiled. Her Petaller came over to reveal her new charge and Devika cooed at the young one. It was so adorable and tiny. Still tucked inside a leaf like blanket. The Goddess of the land then nodded towards the village, "Go on, show the others."