[𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓]

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘, the lacrosse field begins to fill up with eager spectators for tonight's game. I watch nervously from the sidelines while the boys get warmed up, Mason watching with me but for different reasons.

    “I don’t care if he’s a foot taller than me. I think I can take him,” Liam announces as he walks up to us, glaring in the direction of the field. I gaze in the direction he’s looking to see Brett warming up.

    “Yeah,” Mason nods absentmindedly while watching on as Brett glances in our direction with a smirk before lifting his shirt up to wipe his face. I roll my eyes while averting my gaze to Liam, watching him getting riled up.

    “What do you think you’re doing?” Liam asks Mason. The boy in question shrugs lightly.

    “What? Me?” Mason scoffs, “Agreeing with you. I’m being agreeable.” Liam and I both stare at Mason as he fumbles over his words.

    “You think he’s hot, don’t you?” Liam confirms.

    “No! No. Not at all. No way. Maybe. Yeah, maybe a little,” he finally confesses. Liam lets out a breath before glancing at me.

    “What?” I question at his look.

    “Well, do you think he’s hot?” I tilt my head curiously at his question.

    “Why does it matter?” Liam sighs at my answer.

    “So you do think he’s hot. He wants to destroy me guys!” Liam exasperates.

    “I think you could definitely take him,” Mason tells his friend, “And then give him to me.” We all laugh at Mason’s reply, the tension in the air over tonight easing slightly.

    “No, no, just go out their and kick their smug prep school asses,” Mason says.

    “All right,” Liam confirms, giving Mason a fist bump and a discrete glance towards me before heading out onto the field.

    “Okay, let’s find a good seat before they’re all taken,” Mason says before grabbing my arm and heading over to the bleachers together. We find an empty gap a few rows up and quickly sit down, the game about to start.

    “Hey guys, is it okay if I sit here?” I freeze at the familiar voice, glancing up to see Violet standing beside us, a subtle smirk playing at the edge of her lips as she glances at me. She knows I know, Garrett will have told her.

    “Sure, go ahead,” Mason greets her with a smile. She grins before taking a seat on the other side of Mason. I swallow hard just as Coach blows the whistle. This is gonna be a long night.

~~~

I wince as a loud crash resonates, a group of boys colliding with each other and I swear I hear a crack.

    “Was that Liam?” Mason questions as he leans forward on the bench. I watch on carefully as Coach blows his whistle and runs over to the group as they get to their feet.

    “Yeah, and Brett,” I mutter as Stiles and Scott pull Liam to his feet. Was that Garrett’s assassination attempt? Did he cut Liam with the wolfsbane?

    “I’m going to go to the bathroom quickly,” Violet announces suddenly, standing up as she speaks, “Can you come with me, Wren?” I tear my eyes from the field at her words.

    “Uh, I’m actually going to go check on the boys quickly,” I quickly excuse as I notice Brett being carried away on a stretcher and Liam, Stiles and Scott walking to the sidelines of the field.