Chapter 5

Did you miss me?

"Get in the car, Roman

"Get in the car, Roman."

There was an acrid taste in the priest's mouth that he couldn't seem to get rid of. He was being kidnapped during broad daylight and somehow everyone on the streets seemed not to notice an Italian psycho leading him to a black tinted Brabus—glock 9 comfortably resting at the back of his head as if it was a normal thing.

How nice.

Roman took a breath and released it on a controlled exhale. "I'm telling you man, you got the wrong guy."

The corner of Saint's mouth twisted into something dark and uncompromising. "Either you get in on your own, or I'm happy to put you there in pieces. Your call."

"Help!" Roman was full on screaming then. "I'm being taken against my will!"

To his shock none of the street roamers spared him a single second of their day.

The stunned look on the priest's face was almost laughable when he realized how wrong he was to underestimate the mafia's influence.

No one in their right state of mind would risk their life butting into mob business. That was just suicidal if not extremely stupid.

Saint tsked. "None of these people will help you. Now stop with the hysterics."

"Someone please call the police!"

Again, Roman was met with no reaction whatsoever.

What has the world become, seriously?

"Listen, if I tell you to get in the car, you get in the fucking car, okay?"

Something in the man's tone warned the priest to choose his next course of action carefully.

"Now put these on."

Roman looked at the handcuffs being shoved in his general direction. Was he serious?

"You struck me as a vanilla type of guy, guess I was wrong."

Why the hell did you just say that?

When Saint appeared to be scandalized, Roman took the opportunity to weasel his way and rev the mob boss even more. He wanted the guy feeling uncomfortable and most importantly, distracted.

Distracted was good if at all he wanted to make it out of this sticky situation alive.

So far he was up to a good start.