chapter 1 : Romanticized the lies (part I)

Jennette margarita, the favored daughter of the empire was asleep during her supposed sisters execution. She was still in her poisoned stated. Unknown to everyone. She would wake up during a riot, against Claude de Obelia. By non other than his half brother, Anasticius de Obelia.

Her room that was once filled with light, was not filled with shadows. A cold atmosphere compared to the previous warm one. Jennette's unconscious body started to move and jerk, conveying that she was about to wake up.

Jennette slowly opened her eyelids, she was greeted by a dark atmosphere and faint smell of burning. After her eyes were completely opened, she jerked up. Now in a sitting position. The last thing she remebered was... Pain and Tea. What happened?

Her mind still felt foggy and her room was cold but at the same time she could smell flames of a fire nearby. She glanced around the room to be greeted by a familar sight. An empty room with no one to greet her. It's not like she hasn't seen this sight, back her childhood in the alpheus household.

She was used to waking up alone and with no one by her side. She wasn't allowed to meet people as her uncle roger never wanted her secret to be revealed so fast. Thus, she didn't even see any maids growing up.

But when she entered the palace, the empty cold room was turned into a warm Bedroom. Jennette glanced around. Why was no one in here with her? Did something happen? In a delicate motion, ignoring her head spinning around. Warning her to not get out of her bed. She started to stand and walk away from her bed. Entering the halls.

The once halls that shinned as if they were made of gold were now painfully dull yellow. Jennette asked herself, weather the palace was evacuated. If so... Was she left behind? Jennette shook her head. No, her father wouldn't leave her behind. That's rubbish, they are family. Family doesn't leave each other behind.

Jennette could faintly hear a couple of screams but they were on the other side of the palace. The shouts sounded not of pain but of anger. Like an agruement. With small steps, Jennette followed the shouts. Her mind racing with millions of questions but mostly concerns.  As she felt on moving the smell of burn furniture filled her nostrils. She finally made it to the main hall. She was greeted a scene that made her stop and stare.

Claude de Alger Obelia, fallen to the ground. The floor around him has a dark liquid. The liquid was also staining his garments. Jennette's eyes started to water as soon as she realised that it was blood. Claude's blood. Jennette could see a slash on his side. Her heart started to throbe at the scene.

Without even thinking, she went racing towards him. Bending down to stop the bleeding with her hand. "father??" Jennette shook Claude's unconscious body. Her voice panicked with horror and pure intentions , she wasn't aware what was going on. But it looked like a riot of some kind.

God she hoped Athanasia was okay. Last thing she remembers is them having a tea party and Jennette feeling intense pain in her stomach before collapsing into the garden's dirt. Was athanasia poisoned too? Was she laying on her bed inside the ruby palace surrounded by fire. She hopes not, she cant stand losing her father and sister on the same day.

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming towards her. Her mind was racing, hoping it wasn't an enemy. She felt her head spin as her heart became to drill itself. A dark aura started to emit from her.

"now now" a calm, yet silky voice called out. "don't go emiting so much dark magic. It might put everyone in danger... You don't want that now, do you? Jenne" Jennette could feel the man stop behind him. She finally turned around and with her teary eyes, saw blonde hair and jeweled eyes that parallel'd Claude's.

After a few moments of tense breathing coming from Jennette and the man maintaining his smile. Jennette finally realised who he was. Anasticius de Alger Obelia, the diseased brother of Claude. A man that was the former emperor but was dethrone... He was alive and standing in front of her.

Jennettee felt her head spinning, with a low whimper. Her vision went dull and she fainted. She could fell Anasticius's hands catch her and pick her up. The black aura emitting from her stopped as soon as he picked her up.

It wasn't long until Jennette woke up again, begging everything to be a nightmare. To her horror.She was face to face with Anasticius. "I see my daughter is awake" the man's smile looked and felt wicket. Never in her dreams would she wish death upon herself but right now, she did.

"daughter?" she asked voice low. A whisper. A question. Anasticius smiled, this time it wasn't wicked as much as it was playful. "why yes, my daughter." the man before her was different from what the discarded portraits in the end of the hall showed Jennette. Anasticius continued "you are not Claude's daughter but mine. I created you using black magic"

Jennette gripped the sheets of her bed. Falsehood. This wasn't true. She was Claude and Penelope's daughter. Why was he stating such lies? Anasticius laughed at her distrusting eyes. "I know you don't trust me. But let me explain how you were born and why you were born" his words filled Jennette with fear, there was a purpose for her to be born except to live?

"you were made to be my took in order for me to dethrone Claude" Anasticius explained Jennette's birthing process. The black magic used on her. The black magic she was feeding Claude and making him weak. About how athanasia was dead because of her and about how she did as her purpose was. Completing his words with "you made me proud Jennette" Jennette blinked, looking at him with bloodshot eyes. Anasticius repeated "you made me proud"

Jennette got off the bed whispering words like "don't Beleive" and "devil". She was shaking as Anasticius watched her as if she was entertaining him. As if, she has suddenly gained power from her agony. She ranged out of the room. Anasticius didn't do anything, he just watched her leave.

Jennette was breathing heavily as she ran. Almost making it out of the place but two arms stopped and pulled her into their arms. Jennette squeaked out. in fear and discomfort until she realised whose arms she was in.

Roger alpheus glanced at her with worry. Rosalia Judith behind them. Watching the scene as she commented. "looks like Anasticius told her the truth" Jennette froze at the statement as she glanced at roger in disbelief.

She just puked out one single word. "what?" Roger's face was covered with guilt while Rosalia smiled with glee. Rosalia's smile paralleled Anasticius's. Jennette for a split moment thought weather her birth mother also had a gleeful and wicket smile like them. Or was Penelope not her mother, like Claude wasn't her father. What even was true in her life?

Her body and mind stayed frozen as roger distant himself. Having a guilt ridden face. Rosalia came forward. "love, sometimes to survive you have to play bad. Thats what we did honey." Jennette blinked at her aunts words. "in this family. Power and fame has it's worth. I know that, your uncle roger knows that, your father Anasticius knows that and even your mother did" Rosalia's tone was comforting but her words were not. What even want she stating. Why was she saying such a thing? Rosalia continued "in no time. You would realize what we did was the right thing. It's for the best of all of us"

Roger coughed. silently apologing with his eyes. He didn't utter a word. But Jennette realised he agreed with Rosalia's statements. Jennette couldn't reply with anything as Rosalia hugged her frozen body. Trying to comfort her into silence. Reality of the situation drowning her. Of what Anasticius, Roger and Rosalia made her do. What she did.. Jennette closed her eyes. Apologizing to Athanasia, Claude's true daughter.