Chapter 7: Breaking the lies (Part III)

Everything suddenly started to get foggy, Jennette realized she couldn't speak. The same blinding light that brought her into halo's dimension brightened her point of sight. Jennette suddenly found herself waking up.

It took her mere minutes to realize she was five again, she looked at herself in front of the mirror. Her old mirror inside her old cold bedroom that was full of dolls. Her game with halo has begun. She had to act fast to get close to Athanasia and keep her promise to Athanasia's mother.

Athanasia must be four about now. It took Jennette an hour to get some newspapers and information magazines from the nearby maids. All of them commenting on how Jennette woke up early today. Jennette just acted like her older self. That was easy to do. Jennette eyed the advertisement of the Soilders program.

She remembered her memory with Felix. The stare they shared over claude's grave. He was his right hand man. Jennette stared at the program's advertisement. It was Felix's job to guard and protect claude, and now it was Jennette's Job to guard and protect athanasia. She has to get away from the Alphues mansion and get inside this program somehow.

Jennette made her way to the breakfast table a little surprised to find Roger seated and eating with her. Ijekiel wasn't present currently, busy with his morning classes. Jennette silently sat down, not wishing him morning like her past self usually did. Roger was too busy to even ask weather Jennette was feeling alright as he didn't get his usual cheerful greeting.

Jennette bitterly ate her food realizing the man was just to negligent to even realize the difference in her behavior.

All the years of memories, all the lies he spoke, everything just made her hate this man. But still a part of her wanted her uncle to think of her well being to say something along the lines of 'I did everything for you and Ijekiel... Not for status' she wanted him to actually care about her.

Jennette just ate, ignoring her heart and her sudden need to vomit the food out. Roger made her feel so insecure about her place in the mansion or even at the palace. Was her existence just a tool for him? She hopes not... But then again he proved it in her past life that it was. Jennette got up after she ate her food. She gave up on him long time ago.

"Goodbye uncle Roger's, I will go to my room now"
The man in question hummed glancing at her for mere minutes before his eyes diverted by to his work. Little did he know, this was the last time he would see her.

It took Jennette a whole day to get the maids away from the garden, it took alot of strength for her little hands to climb the back gate of the Mansions garden but she finally did it.

She escaped her old home, moving towards where they would holding the Soldiers programme. She was currently wearing Ijekiels clothes, the plainest once she could find. The clothes were torn up and dirty by the time she found the place where the men were listing themselves to fight for the empire.

Jennette couldn't help but feel the chilly air, inhaling it. A part of her realized that this was a new beginning of everyone's story. While she was coming, she came across the same shops she saw in her past life, but instead of abandoned shops. She found a bazaar full of laughter and items.

"Miss you aren't supposed to be on these grounds.." The familiar voice from a red headed knight got her attention.