Chapter 8: Breaking the lies (Part IV)

In front of her was no one other then Felix. His eyes no longer the once she remembered but more lively. He was staring at her with warm eyes which still somehow managed to make Jennette feel a pit of guilt. He wouldn't be staring at her with such Kindness if he knew what she did in their past life, if he knew whose offspring she was.

"I am at the right place!" Jennette said quickly before he escorted her away from the Soldiers grounds "I wanna inlist myself into the programme and become a Knight!" She explained huffing out her chest to show how manly she was. She was playing the role of a different type of naive child to manipulate Felix to at least give her a little chance. Felix stared at her.

"Hmm..." Felix said a little concerned, kneeling down to her height "and why do you want to become a knight?" He asked delicately.

To keep athanasia safe
"To keep obelia safe!" Jennette replied. Felix nodded as he said "quite a noble cause but I can't allow that, miss?"

"Jennette Margarita, that's my name mister!" Jennette said as Felix nodded "okay lady Jennette, I can't let you be a Knight" Jennette frowned glaring at him. Felix's eyes widened as he stared at the child who glared at him with an intensity that he has seen in no child.

"And why is that? Is it because I am a girl or because I am young? That doesn't matter!" Jennette stated "I can fight! I have been for a long time mister!" She has been fighting mentally but she has to learn how to physically. She has to get Felix on her side and to do that. She has to mimic the one person Felix can't say no to. Claude de alger obelia.

Jennette stared at Felix with the same fascial express she has seen claude make at Felix countless of times in her past. Felix froze at the intensity of her glare. "Lady Jennette... Do you wish to be a Knight that bad? What would your parents say?"

"I have no parents or guardian mister" Jennette replied confident. "They are too dead to worry." Felix stared at her a little sadness in his eyes, the pity Jennette was looking for.

"Mister please... I want to become a Knight.. It's an easy option for me to survive and to give back to Obelia for housing an orphan like me" Jennette explained. She herself was taken aback by her own acting skills. Well she must have gotten it from her parents. Felix stared at her astonished before taking a breath and picking her up.

"I can't let you become a Knight--" Jennette's oncoming whining was cut of by Felix as he said "yet... I will take you under our wings as a Knight once you turn 8 year old" Felix gave a smile. "So come back when you are 8"

Jennette felt her heart thump. She cants return to the Alphues mansion now and neither can she just stay on the streets until she is that old. "But mister... I don't think I will be able to survive alone till that long.." She whispered so only he could hear.

Felix frowned but then smiled again "well.. I guess you can become a maid in one of the castles. Not the main palace as his majesty won't allow children to work.. But perhaps I can get you work at a nearby palace Lady Jennette?" Felix explained the option as Jennette eyes sparkled at the opportunity.

"Okay then! Mister can I work in the Ruby palace?"
Jennette's ask made Felix confused "the Ruby palace? Why that palace in particular?"

Jennette blushed as she explained "I heard there is a princess there around my age... I always wanted to meet a princess.." Her confession made Felix chuckle with amusement.

"Well then Lady Jennette, I will get you work at the Ruby palace" Felix started walking, Jennette still in his arms "work hard and then become a Knight. I will personally train you"

Jennette's eyes genuinely widened with interest "really mister??" She asked in awe as Felix nodded "really"

Jennette smiled leaning her head on Felix's shoulder she was one step closer to protecting Athanasia. In a few hours, after Felix had given her time to take a bath and given her new clothes she ended up meeting the Ruby palace maids greeting the girl to her new job.

To be continued

Authors notes,
These past four chapters were the second chapter of "lovely knight" On Ao3.

Hope you liked it  <3