The Sweetest Apology

Hello! Just wanted to say real quick I will take requests from people if you comment an idea, I'll tag you if your idea got a story. Happy reading <3

-

Angst, Comfort, Fluff

-

The rain pattered softly against the window, the fire crackled with each passing second neither of you was speaking. You briefly glance in his direction, a silent plea for help with your aching thigh. Although you would never voice it.

Brushing your fingers against your poorly bandaged wound, you wince and silently hiss from the burning sensation spread throughout your leg. Looking out the window, you see nothing but blurry trees filled with the scent of the earth and mold. The building you and Leon were taking shelter in wasn't the most spacious, and well-structured, but with the fire going, it kept you both warm. You begin to hold onto the top of your thigh, gripping tightly to soothe the pain.

"You didn't have to do that, you know." He says his voice a raspy whisper as he holds a stick in his right palm. "That was stupid putting yourself in danger like that."

"Do what?" You ask flatly ignoring his comment, clenching your teeth together.

"You know what I mean."

Exhaling through your nose, you speak, "If I didn't take the arrow, you would've gotten killed. It was either my leg or your head," your tone was bitter, "You're welcome by the way." You mention, your voice barely above a whisper.

Silence invades the room for a moment before the wind hitting against the windows breaks it.

"How's your leg?' He asks, his voice low and raspy.

"Fine." You say, your gaze locked on the wind blowing the trees.

His gaze fixates on your leg, "You're bleeding."

"Glad you can see." You snap back, your tone cold and bitter.

Silence fills the small shack as the air is filled with the warmth of the flame. Poking the flame with the stick, Leon doesn't take his piercing stare off of you.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"You shouldn't have done that for me." His voice was stern but laced with a hint of worry behind it.

"Why is this so important to you? Just drop it." You roll your eyes becoming annoyed.

"You could've died, that's why it's important to me. You shouldn't put yourself in danger like that, I can handle myself just fine." His tone remains stern, "I've taken a bullet to the chest and been just fine."

You remain silent, keeping the pressure on your leg.

The awkward tension only increases with each passing second before Leon sighs, his head falling loosely before bringing his head back up towards you.

"Can I take a look at it?" he asks, his tone slightly softer.

"No." You mutter stubbornly.

"You'll get an infection if it's not properly cleaned and wrapped. Let me help you."

"I'd rather die, thanks." You sarcastically smile, not batting an eye in his direction.

He huffs slightly in frustration falling silent. After a moment of what you thought would be the end of it, he resumes.

"Look, I know we didn't exactly get off on the right foot, but I can't have you dying on me. So I'm gonna ask you again. Can I look at it?" He asks again, placing the stick down next to the fire. "Please," He adds, his voice quieter.