Roadside 'Assistance'

"How much longer?" You ask your tone slowly, becoming more agitated.

"We'll get there when we get there. If we had cell service out here, I could tell you."

"You said you knew a shortcut. This road just seems like a dead end."

"Well it's not at least for another 25 miles, so please, don't right now (Y/N)."

Sighing and flopping in your seat, your gaze sets on the blurry trees passing by as the dirt roads ahead only become bumpier and bumpier.

The orange, red sunset that was ahead slowly faded into darkness as the stars above settled in their spots dimming the area.

"Leon, this road is going to mess up your tires." You state crossing your arms over your chest.

"The jeep will be fine, I just got the tires changed."

"Okay." You drag it out, rolling your eyes picking off the lint from your black tank top.

He shakes his head trying not to roll his eyes from your attitude.

Sighing from being impatient, you click your tongue gazing out towards the dust accumulating around the Jeep. You listen to the soft crunch of the tire letting the sound seep through your nerves.

After some silence filled with the occasional crackle of rocks, you decide to put on some music to lighten the mood.

Pulling out the aux cord out of the glove box, you plug it into the port with a soft buzz as you insert the end of it inside of your phone. Scrolling through your offline music, you finally settle on 'You're Gonna Go Far, Kid' by The Offspring knowing Leon would like it.

Tossing your phone on the dashboard, you bring your knees to your chest resting your head along the headrest of the seat.

Bobbing your head to the music, you slowly turn it up tapping your hands on your knees seemingly getting lost in the tune as it plays.

Leon glancing at you notices this and can't help but chuckle tapping his fingers along the wheel doing his best to navigate the unsteady roads ahead. His dim headlights didn't help see through the cloud of dust.

"You got your tires changed but not your headlights?" You briefly shout over the music.

Leon shoots you a look as he playfully slaps your hand shaking his head while his lips curl up into a playful smile.

"Tsk." You laugh as you pick up the paper map letting the crinkle of the paper rumble while you focus on the different streets.

"After this curve, you take a left." You point holding up the map.

With a nod he continues on driving throughout the unbalanced roads approaching a road with four different turns. Unsure of which one to take his gaze fixates on you, "which turn (Y/N)?"

"Uhhh." Trailing off with your eyes shooting everywhere finding the street you're on. "Take a right." You nudge your head keeping your eyes on the paper hoping that was the correct turn.

Hoping for the best, Leon turns keeping one hand on the steering wheel while his other hand rests on the bottom of the wheel.

"Just let me know when that other turn is."

-

After some time, you notice no upcoming curve for Leon to follow, it was only a road straight seemingly going on for miles.

Letting your phone play through your playlist on shuffle, you pick up the fragile map brushing your fingertips along the correct street Leon was supposed to go.