Mission Accomplished, Right?

Angst, comfort
-

The loud hissing sound of the metal doors parting fills the silent lobby. Walking around, keeping your gun focused on your surroundings, you and Leon search for small signs of life. The only signs you've seen were scattered paperwork along the floor while many filing cabinets were knocked over.

Shifting your eyes in Leon's direction, you see him inspecting an empty medical exam room filled with the scent of metal and wax. Noticing he came out empty-handed, you both shoot each other a confused glance as you continue searching for any umbrella member.

With a frustrated sigh, Leon speaks, "Where could they have gone? They couldn't have evacuated this quickly."

"I don't know but we better keep looking."

"Maybe if you didn't throw that smoke bomb we would have been able to see them before they ran."

Immediately tensing up, you sigh heavily shaking your head, "They had cameras, if I didn't throw it, they would have seen who we were and possibly contacted their men to shoot us. We know their operation here and thanks to me, we were able to slip away before they had a chance to shut us down." You explain with an annoyed, concentrated tone.

Leon decides to remain silent while we both push through our issues. Treading through empty hallways, our heavy boots echoing throughout, we both run towards a large metal door. You begin to examine the cold hard metal attempting to find a way in.

"Use your brain (Y/N), they sent you out with me for a reason." Leon states coldly leaning against the door. His gaze locks on you as you swipe your finger along on the electronic pad.

"It's hard to when you're berating me when you can't do half the shit I can." With a frustrated groan, you pull out your handheld scanner from its holster. Placing it in front of the door, you hear a couple of loud beeps before the doors part.

You shift your attention towards Leon with a smirk as he exhales standing upright, nodding his head for you to enter first.

Holding your gun to your chest, your eyes scan the area as you notice the untouched spotless area. Dropping your shoulders, you walk around the counters inspecting the different equipment. One of the devices had five metal-like vials empty while the inside of it was frosted. Caressing the glass with your fingertip, Leon stands behind you, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Doesn't this seem weird to you? The glass on the inside is frosted, but on the outside the glass is warm."

"Umbrella better have a damn good explanation for this." Lifting his gun, he wraps it around his back while his attention shifts elsewhere.

"If we find how they made the bioweapons, that's all we need to shut this shit down." His voice was laced with determination.

"Yeah, once we do that—." You pause spotting a computer in the corner of the room suspiciously unlocked. Rapidly treading for it, you sit down in the rolling chair typing away and moving the mouse.

"Well damn, you're useful." Placing his hands on the headrest of the chair. He leans in behind you. You could feel his breath brush against your neck causing you to nudge him off with your elbow.

"I'd be more helpful if you gave me space to work."

Remaining reserved, he backs away holding his hands up and surrendering while your attention remains on the screen.

Your hands move steadily over the letters, quickly catching his attention. His gaze glances back and forth between your hands and the screen watching the confusing numbers appear scattered in lines.