Chapter 4

Erina grimaced at the sight of Halian's bruised abdomen

Erina grimaced at the sight of Halian's bruised abdomen. She would have killed to have Hal be shirtless, but this was the one context where it wasn't good at all.

She rubbed ointment on his wounds, trying to be as gentle as possible. Halian still winced, but when she looked at his face, Erina saw that he didn't seem to be in too much pain. Rather he was blushing, his cheeks nearly as deep red as his hair, and he was avoiding her gaze.

"Aw, are you all flustered that I'm seeing you shirtless? I've seen you like that before, Hal," Erina reminded him. They did live together after all.

"Yes, but not like this," Halian said, huffing a little bit, still refusing to look at her. He was so cute when he huffed. "We're...together now. Right? So...different."

Erina grinned at the loss of his usual eloquence, leaning in to kiss his forehead. "Yeah, we're together now. You're my boyfriend."

That word made her insides flutter so much. Boyfriend. Hal, the great engineer, the amazing, genius, adorably grumpy man was now her boyfriend. Her partner. Hopefully her husband too eventually, but she didn't want to say that immediately because she didn't come across too strong.

Halian was a shy, skittish creature, after all.

Halian was smiling softly, a hand over his heart. "Your boyfriend.... I dreamed of being that for so long."

Erina smiled at him, brushing a strand of hair behind his ear. "I can't believe we both wanted the same thing for so long and never said anything."

Halian shook his head. He was no doubt thinking self-deprecating thoughts. None of that, Erina decided, as she lightly smacked him upside the head.

"No bad thinky."

Halian chuckled, smiling at her fondly before leaning in to kiss her. Erina kissed back, hugging him close, already so very addicted to kissing him. She deepened it, her hands moving through his hair, lost in the pleasure of it. At least until she tugged, and Halian moaned into the kiss.

Erina blinked, pulling away and panting, studying Halian closely. The man's face was flushed red, breathing hard as he looked off to the side, avoiding Erina's gaze.

Erina hummed, tilting her head to the side a little, considering things. Then she gripped his hair again, tugging more with no warning. Halian moaned again, shuddering, staring at Erina with wide eyes, his face a shade redder than before.

"Oh, you like that, hm?" Erina grinned, very pleased and endeared.

Halian sputtered. "Well, I...." He moved to hang his head, but Erina didn't let him, gripping his hair tighter.

"Yes?"

Halian whimpered, shifting. A quick look down confirmed that he was squeezing his legs together. "I...do like it."