The Prize at the End of the Rainbow

No one's pov

"Rainbow High update! We just got our semester project, and it is hashtag intense." Violet said. 

"Brutal. Full on runway show. Eight looks, big set, hair, makeup, music, and we do it in front of the whole school." Ruby said. 

"And if we mess up, Ms. Wright says we'll get cut! So much pressure right? Did Violet tell you we've known each other forever? Because we've known each other forever!" Sunny said. Violet turned her camera off before they entered the classroom. 

June's pov

"Good Morning!" A voice said from the speaker. Skylar got scared.

"Ah! Sorry, did not expect that." Skylar said. 

"I'm Ms. Morton, your adviser. I'm sorry I can't be there in person. When New York Fashion Week calls, you jump." Ms. Morton's voice said from the speaker. 

"Yeah you do." Jade said and fist bumped Bella. 

"But, Rainbow High is tough, and it'll be easier if you can rely on one another. So welcome to: the Glam Slam. A scavenger hunt to get to know each other better." Ms. Morton said. All of our phones vibrated. An hourglass was shown. "You have until the sand runs out. Good luck, and take this seriously. I'm sure Ms. Wright told you what happens when you don't succeed at Rainbow High." Ms. Morton said. 

"She cannot mean we'll get cut if we fail a scavenger hunt." Bella said. 

"Just saying, she could." Poppy said. Skylar's phone vibrated. 

"I got a clue! Find the locker with Ruby's top selling item on it. You sell things? What do you sell?" Skylar asked. 

"I know, she showed us in the room! She sells clothes she custom paints, and her top seller is..." Bella began. 

"Sneakers!  Right?" I asked.

"You got it! Lockers, let's go." Ruby said. We walked out of the classroom and began to search the lockers. 

"Score!" Poppy said. She picked up a picture of Ruby's custom shoes. "Sweet kicks... and a clue! The locker combination is the number of awards Bella won for set design at middle school, Cinched Drama Fest, and Runway Riot!" Poppy said. 

"Overachieving much?" Jade asked. 

"I win a lot of awards..." Bella said. 

"How many?" I asked. 

"We need numbers!" Violet said. 

"Oh! Eight, five... and thirteen!" Bella said. I typed the numbers in and the locked opened. I took the next clue out. 

"Go where you'd find this, then look for something Violet sponsors- Sponsors?" I asked. 

"She has tons. Her photography won so many awards, and she got all these followers, and now she's a major influencer. And the videos she posts? The best!" Sunny said. 

"You really think so?" Violet asked. 

"Yes, she's super supportive, now, let's take that energy to the salon because that's where our next clue is." Jade said. We walked to the salon. We searched for the next clue. 

"Not there... I bet it's over here!" Sunny said. 

"Stalking your socials, stalking, stalking... score! Hair foam!" Poppy said. 

" I see it!" Skylar said. She grabbed the bottle and examined it. "Nothing on it? No no, I think we're wrong. What else do you sponsor Violet?" Skylar asked. 

"Hold up." Ruby said. She took the bottle and pressed the pump down. A paper came out. "One of you published cartoons in a magazine. Find the cover of that magazine, and get your next clue." Ruby said. 

"All over this. It's Sunny! Happened the last day of sixth grade. My mom took us for makeovers to celebrate. Hashtag middle school goals!" Violet said. 

"I remember that, it was my first gel mani-pedi!" Sunny said. 

"Amazing story, loved it, might even journal about it... WHICH MAGAZINE?!" Jade asked. 

"Oh, right! Winnerz. Oh! And I know where we can find the cover! Follow me!" Sunny said. We walked to the magazine cover. 

"Tada!... but I don't see a note, frowny face." Sunny said. 

"Never surrender!" Bella said. She reached behind the frame and grabbed a note. "Bella for the win! Your next clue is on the exakt fabric Skyler used to make the dress Sizzle called "the top summer outfit inspo of the year"." Bella said. 

"For reals?!" Violet asked. 

"Legend!" Poppy said. 

"I didn't sumbit it or anything. They just found it and wrote that." Skylar said. 

"Whatevs. Own it, I would. And I bet we'd find the fabric in the runway classroom!" Bella said. We ran to the classroom. Skylar looked around the classroom. 

"That's it! That's the fabric!" Skylar said. Poppy reached into the fabric and took the note. 

"The first dress one of you wore on a fashion show won first prize and was designed on rainbow high. Find the dress and the next clue will be found." Poppy read. This one was about me. 

"I got this one. Follow me." I said. I ran to my sisters locker. I took the clue from the door. "What sattellite radio station heard Poppy's music and let her duest DJ?" I read. 

"103!" Poppy said. 

"I love that station, but what does it mean? Is the next clue on the radio? Someone tune it in!" Sunny said. Poppy played music from her phone. 

"That's not it! Sand's almost out." I said. 

"Can't get cut, can't get cut! 103, 103... a classroom number!" Skylar said. We ran through the hallway. We stopped at classroom 103 and Jade took the note. 

"One of you has your own makeup line. What's it called?" Jade read. 

"It's got to be you, right?" Ruby asked Jade. 

"Still tweaking it, but it's sick. It's called "Look Up". What I tell people a zillion times when I'm doing their eyes." Jade said. 

"Look up?" Bella asked. We all looked up and saw a poster. 

"Okay, we can do this. Human ladder! Everyone on each other's shoulders." Bella said. 

"Wait, I've seen that poster before. It was on the wall in the classroom where we started!" I said. Sunny looked at her phone. 

"Oh, we've gotta go!" Sunny said. We ran to the classroom. Music started playing when we had entered. 

"Congratulations, you've won the glam slam, and now you have a group of friends you can count on for everything Rainbow High throws at you. And, check out the desk. Special gifts for each of your special talents." Ms. Morton said through the speaker. We all got our gift from the desk. Both me and Skylar got sewing machines. 

"This is sick! Ms. Morton, when do we get to meet you?" Jade asked. 

"Soon. In the meantime, enjoy." Ms. Morton said through the speaker.