Intermission - To Yosephine

Adam was shuffling aimlessly around the Garden. Angels were tending to the various plants around him. Some were playing various harps.

A cherub perked up, and flew over to him. A small pink sheep boy.

"Mr. Adam!" The cherub fluttered excitedly over to the first man. He had a big goofy grin on his face. "It's me, Malachi! Remember?"

"Sure do, little dude!" Adam patted Malachi on the head. He looked up, to where Malachi had come from. "Tending to the roses, eh?"

"That's what you're calling them, Mister?"

"Yeeeahh, it has a nice ring to it." Adam nodded, scratching his chin. "Hey little fella, have you seen Eve anywhere? I'm getting a little worried."

"Oh, seen her last by the Tree of Knowledge, Adam!" Malachi gave a little salute. "Nice talking to you, but I gotta get back to work!" Malachi flew back over to the roses.

Adam shook his head at the little cherub.
The little workaholic... Hey, that's a cool word, Adam should add that...

He made his way calmly over to the tree. Eve always had been drawn to it. They've always been told not to eat any fruit from it, but no one said anything about staring at it. So that's what Eve did sometimes.
Adam was wondering why he didn't think to check as he turned around a large hedge, and there it was.

The tree was gargantuan, going as high up as the eye could see, stretching up into the heavens.
Adam scanned the foot of the tree for Eve.

And there she was, bringing an apple to her mouth. Lucifer was standing next to her, a surprised look on his face, and a tall woman stood behind him. The woman had a dark look on her face....

Wait what?

A distant rumbling went off, and Eve dropped the apple, looking scared and confused.
Lucifer and the strange woman disappeared as Eve looked around for guidance.

Adam, horrified, ran over to Eve.
"Eve!" He exclaimed, wrapping her in with his arms in an attempt to comfort her. "What... What happened? Are you okay??"

"Adam..." Eve muttered, looking up at him. "I feel... I don't feel very good.."

Adam looked down at her, confused. What did that mean? What did feeling not very good mean??

Suddenly, an individual landed right next to the two. Adam looked up, still holding Eve.

It was Azrael The Archangel.
He stood there, a neutral expression on his face.

"Adam." He said. "Back away from her."

Adam shook his head. "No! She's scared, can't you tell?" He hugged Eve protectively, she was shaking.

"She better be scared." Azrael said darkly, stalking forward. "She ate from the tree. She is to be punished."

Adam's eyes widened, then looked down at the fruit Eve had taken a bite from. He stared at it.

"Back away from her, Adam. Do not make me hurt you."

Adam's brow furrowed, then he looked at Azrael. A surge of determination flowed through him. His heart pounded in his chest.
"No! It wasn't her fault! It was... It was Lucifer, and Lilith! I saw them!"

"And yet it is Eve who has taken the fruit." Azrael took another step forward, towering over the both of them. "I will not tell you again, Adam. Back. Away."

Adam stood his ground, hugging Eve tighter.  "No! I wo-"

Azrael moved in a split second, prying Adam from Eve, and throwing him several feet away. His head made contact with a rock, and his vision went dark.

Then..

Then...

Then...

Adam opened his eyes.

He stared at the ceiling of his bedroom.

He hasn't dreamt of that day in a long time. He groaned as he sat up, then looked over at his clock.

2 in the morning.

He groaned again, flopping back in his bed.

He stared at the ceiling again.

Maybe he should...
Think about something happy...
Like the first time (Y/N) used his wings..
Yeah, he was there for that!

He could visualize it, the boy's small golden wings... His bright eyes, his giant smile.... He flew for hours, so long that he nearly fell asleep the moment he touched the ground.

"I love you, dad!"
He said.

Adam felt tears threatening to pour from his eyes.

He fucked it up.
He fucked everything up.

He was given a second chance to be a dad and he fucked it up. Azrael was right.
He was an embarrassment. An idiot. He had no hopes to do this alone.

He looked over at a painting hanging on a wall across the room. It was of him and an angel woman. The woman had bright, curly orange hair, and bright golden eyes. She had the most beautiful smile Adam had ever seen.

"I'm sorry Yosie.." Adam muttered, his tears now freely pouring from his eyes. "I broke my promise." He looked back up at the ceiling. "Fuckin..." He rubbed his eyes, trying to stop his tears, but to no avail."You were the only one who cared.. the only one... And looked what I did with it, eh? Some father... Some.. husband... I've fucked everything up. I should have done better.." his voice cracked and shook. "I should have been better... But I'm just a mistake... A miserable piece of shit... Fuckin..." He sobbed into his hands.

After a few minutes of crying, he was staring at the ceiling again, his eyes now puffy and red.
"... What do I do..."

He slowly and uneasily fell back asleep...